Thursday, November 13, 2014

I remember when it just wasnt like this....

So...

This morning when my alarm goes off at 6:15, as it usually does, I reset it for 6:45, as I usually do and continued to lay there.

And I thought, "Man, I really dont wanna go into work.  Maybe I'll just call in and take the day."  A few moment's pass, and I decide that yes that's what I'll do.

But then I remembered that today is the monthly staff meeting!  But then I remember that Richard, my coworker, was going to go to that, and my other coworker could go it alone for the half hour that the meetings usually last.  So yes, I would call in and take the day.

But then I remembered that I needed to fax a bunch of forms to Baltimore for a video meeting I was going to have tomorrow.  But then I thought I could just tel Richard where they were in my office and have him fax them down to them.  So yes, I would call in and take the day.

But then I remembered that at the end of the day yesterday, they brought in one of our reoccurring clients and that I had promised him that I would be the one to interview him in the morning.  But then I thought life is full of disappointments, and he just have to understand that something came up and I wasn't there.  So yes, I would call in and take the day.

But then I remembered that I had my hair appointment after work today.  And there was no 'but then I' that I could come up with.  So yes, DAMMIT, I was NOT going to take the day after all.  And I turned off the alarm, rolled my fat ass outta bed and started getting ready.

I got to work.  Interviewed the reoccurring client (as well as another one who was a first timer) while Richard attended the staff meeting, and faxed the paperwork as planned.  And I STILL didn't feel like the whole 'being at work thing'.  

So before lunch, I decided to call my stylist and see if she could move my appointment up a bit and I could just leave early.  And when I got her card out with the number on it, it also had my appointment on it: 4:15, November 14, 2014.  Tomorrow.

SO, that being the case, I put a slip in and took 4 hours annual leave, leaving at noon.  Just because I could.

I stopped and got my comics books (for the first time in like six weeks...and I gave the owner a new list of books i wanted...consisting of just four titles a month, not the normal twenty I usually got.  But this is another post entirely), and then went to Freddie's and got a delicious sub, which is bad for my blood sugar, but I don't care, cause I was hungry for one.  And I came home, ate the sub, putzed around online, read a book and took a short nap.

And it was decadent AND glorious!  

POLT

No comments: