Monday, November 24, 2014

SO....

Today was gorgeous, like 70 degrees gorgeous.  I actually took a walk (more on this later).  But as planned, I helped mom do a few things around her house and then she came down here and helped me clean the dining room and kitchen.  This is in preparation for putting up the tree this coming Sunday.

I was also supposed to go visit Theo this afternoon, but that ended up not happening.  So instead, mom and I drove to Chambersburg.  We did some shopping at Kohls, PetSmart, two grocery stores, and KMart (more on this later).  And then we ate at Red Lobster.  Had so much to eat I actually had to take some of it home.  (and yes, I DID have regular soda, and I DID have 4 of the delicious garlic buns, and I DID have deep fried shrimp, and I DID eat the french fries, and I WILL eat that shrimp and linguini alfredo I brought home.  I did have a salad, not that that really matters).  I ate badly, but as mom said, "It's just your birthday dinner a day early."

In similar news, the doctor's office called to get my blood sugar levels over the last two weeks, and after getting them, the doctor upped my daily insulin shot from 18 to 20 units a day.

And then there was Kmart.  In their ad the had a 40" TV for $250, $100 off.  The ad just came out in yesterday's paper.  So we drove up there so I could get one.  We got to the electronics section, and there was no one there.  At all.  And no one around.  So we waited about five minutes and then I went looking for someone.  Half the store away I found a girl who worked there, told her what I wanted and she said she'd page someone for me.  As I walked back to the electronics, I heard the page over the intercom.

I got back to electronics and waited another four minutes. I was right at the point of use walking out when I saw an employee walking towards me.  I asked if he worked in this department, and he nodded.  I said, "Good, cause I've been waiting and was just ready to walk out"  And he said, "Okay, Ill be right with you." And without even stopping, walked right past me and went somewhere in the back.  I looked to mom, totally shocked.  What the HELL?!?!?!?

Had I not really wanted the TV, I would have walked out right then.  It was less than a minute later that the guy came back and I showed him the one I wanted.  He said, "Yeah...we dont have any.  And this morning the nearest store only had two."  And that was it.  Nothing about a raincheck, nothing about any other suggestions to get one.  Not even a "I'm sorry about that."

So that was it for me.  I just walked away.  Mom said something to him about thanks or whatever, but not me, I was outta there.

Except I wasn't. I stopped at the customer desk and told the lady working there what had happened and how horrible the customer service was.  She apologized (what else could she do), and I didn't shout, in fact, I even told her I knew it wasn't her fault.  But dammit it pissed me off.

As we left, mom asked about driving to another Kmart, and I told her, nope.  No way.  I'll watch the ads for other stores to see if I can find another deal, but honestly, I'll pay $100 more for the TV instead of give any of my money to KMart the rest of this year.

I can't add KMart to the Polt's Boycott list over this (well I already have for other reasons, but bear with me), but I'm boycotting them the rest of this year anyway.  If they're employees dont care to wait on customer who want to spend money there, I don't care to spend any money at KMart.

Oh....and I walked 1.16 miles in 17 minutes.


POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

I will boycott Kmart in your honor.