Sunday, November 30, 2014

Well this holiday weekend was a bit busy.  Took off work Wednesday, didn't do anything but lay around, but that's all good.  Thursday was of course Thanksgiving.  Had WAY too much food to eat for lunch, and ate nothing the rest of the day but a few ham slices.  The next morning my blood sugar was 90....the lowest it has even been since I started checking it.  By a lot.  Also, watching football all day, and it sucked to watch Dallas lose, but the 49ers losing later in the evening, and not even scoring a touchdown, made it a lil bit easier.

Friday, work was okay.  Afterwards, I went to Mom's for some slippery beef pot pie.  Delicious!  Also, my uncle, his fiance, my two cousins and their kids were there.  So I finished eating first and got to hold a sleeping two month old all cuddled up against me for a bit. But then, after eating all that pot pie (which is NOTHING but doughballs and ham chunks in a sauce [aka tons of carbs!]), when I took my blood sugar that night, it was 409!  The highest ever!  The lowest to the highest in like 15 hours or so.  Crazy.

Saturday work was a lil slow.  I actually took two hours of leave and left early.  Mom came down and we put the Christmas decorations up.  Of course, this was NOT an easy process.  It involved two trips to Wal-Mart, a trip to Lowes, and something like three hours.  And all we did was put the tree, put up the wreaths outside, and hang a few things around the house.  But it's never easy when we try to do anything.  After that, we drove to Chambersburg to eat and then to the Wal-Mart up there looking for what we needed.

Then today, we went to get something to eat for lunch, but also went to the Hallmark store and the grocery store as well.  And I came back to watch football again.  Although I did manage to take a walk, do some laundry and put another strip of lights.

Tomorrow, if all goes well, I'll have some bedtimesexxyfun and go checkout a few other stores to see if I can find a few other things I need.  Oh, and I'll mail the Christmas cards I did while watching Dallas play on Thanksgiving.  

And of course, I have photos!

New pair of Superman boxers I bought!  Can't EVER have too many pairs of Superman boxers.

The space where the tree is going....pre-tree.

The tree after assembly...and a rather tired Mama Polt!

This is my old flip phone.  Bought it in 2004.  stopped using it in 2011 when I got my iPhone, BUT I still used it as an alarm clock.  I'd plug it in each night, set it and it would wake me up. It was small, so I could turn it off, reset it for another ten to fifteen minutes of sleep and then hold it in my hand until that time expired.  It was great.  But now, it's dead.  Won't charge anymore.  Rest easy, good soldier, rest easy.

My Christmas cards.  All 81 of them.  Most of them are going to places in here in Pennsylvania or in Maryland.  But others are going to Iowa, New Jersey, North Carolina, New York, Massachusetts, California, Minnesota, Washington DC, Illinois, Virginia, West, Virginia, Colorado, Michigan, Florida, Louisiana, Rhode Island, Utah, Canada, England and even Kuwait!!!

This is little two month old Morgan.  He had been sleeping for a while, cuddled up on me, and his mom wanted him to get awake so he would sleep some overnight (and she could get some sleep).  So this was me, tickling his neck and calling his name.  And Morgan refusing to open his eyes and grabbing and pushing at my fingers.   He's such a cutie!

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Aw, he's so cute! I've been seeing so many Superman baby things - onesies, booties, etc.

Good job on the cards and tree.

I hate Walmart.

Stay healthy!