Tuesday, November 11, 2014

BITS-N-PIECES

So this morning, I got out of bed about 930, and threw on some clothes, my earbuds, and gloves and out the door I went.  I still had about a third of the front garden left to de-weed.  And de-weed it I did.  And my thighs were on FIRE!  They still ache now.  The de-weeding I did that last two days filled a large garbage bag.  The de-weeding I did today filled one all by itself.  And man, was I cursing myself while doing so.  I'm pretty sure I'll not let it get that bad next year.

Also, I cleaned a bit and moved the living room around a bit, in preparation for putting the Christmas Tree up in a few weeks.  And then, since I hadn't showered yet, I used the big trimming shears to trim down the bush out front in the garden, and the hedge and some limbs in back at the alley.  And then I did a load of laundry and took a walk.

When I got home, I finally got my shower for the day (at like 430pm).  And then made supper and ate it. And now I sit here...fucking exhausted!  Beat like a bad dog....painful thighs and all.
*********************************
The doctor's office called yesterday morning to get my blood sugar readings over the last two weeks.  And then called back to tell me the doctor wanted me to up the insulin from 15 to 18 units a night.  Well, eventually, and hopefully before too much longer, we'll find the right amount.

Oh, and on Saturday, I got a letter in the mail informing me that my doctor, Amanda, will be leaving the practice to go to a long term care facility.  So all her patients are being forwarded to another new guy there.  *SIGH*  And I really like Amanda.

I first went to this practice back in 2000 to a doctor that people at work recommended.  I was with her less than a year before she got pregnant, left and never returned.  Then I had this other doctor (he took over for the first doctor) who I didn't particularly like.  He was a bit condescending and I always felt rushed with him.  But I was with him for like 11 years or so.  And then there's been Amanda (she took over for the previous doctor when he left to start his own private practice) since the spring of 2012.  And I really liked her.  But now, I get this other guy.  Ah well, it is what it is.
**********************************
Here's my walk:  2.11 miles in 35 minutes!
***********************************
I had a Barnes & Noble coupon to get 20% off any one item.  So I ordered an Anne Rice book, part of the Vampire Chronicles that I haven't read.  But, and I only did this AFTER the order was placed, I checked my books and found out I actually HAD it already, and had read it back in 1998!  So I got online quickly, and, luckily, was able to cancel the order.  I attempted to order the actual next book in the series I hadn't read yet, but the coupon was no longer valid.  So screw it all.  I'll just wait on the next one.  B&N do seem to send a whole bunch of those out over the year.

However, I did recieve an email that that order from Calendars.com is on its way to me!  So that's good news.
***********************************
And of course, The Obligatory Bits-N-Pieces Eye Candy!


POLT

3 comments:

Tam said...

My houseboy (garage boy? What's it called when someone lives in your garage?) has yet to trim my hedge despite being told to. So feel free to bring your shears and have at it. I'm giving him until the weekend and I'll be borrowing the embassy electric trimmer and whacking it myself.

Polt said...

You've got a houseboy in your garage who doesn't work even when you tell him to? Man, he'd have to be amazingly hot for me to keep him employed! I mean, if a houseboy's not gonna actually work, then he has to at least look really REALLY good in a pair of Speedos while laying around doing nothing. :)

Michelle M. said...

Yardwork is great exercise. I should do some...

Sorry about your doctor. The health group I belong to switches doctors on me almost every visit it seems. Oh well. At least I have healthcare : /.