Sunday, November 09, 2014

BIT-N-PIECES

Thursday after work, Mom called. She said she had a gift card for $50 and it could be used at 5 different restaurants: Two that weren't around here, Olive Garden, Red Lobster and Longhorn Steakhouse.  She asked if I wanted to go use it, I said, "Sure, why not?"

She picked me up and we drove towards Hagerstown. I have had, over the last two weeks, an extremely stressful time.  All kinds of crazy, demanding things were happened all at the same time. A And while this isn't unusual for work sometimes, it IS unusual for it to occur almost every day for a two week period of time.  And while we drove, I was telling her all about it.

So as we closed in on the town, she asked where we were going, cause she needed to know which way to drive.  And I said, "Ya know, after the two weeks I've had, I deserve some comfort food!  Let's go to Olive Garden!"

And so we did.  And I DID eat the breadsticks.  And I DID eat a huge mound of pasta.  And I DID have a regular Coke!  And I DID have a large beer!  And it was ALL delicious!  So take THAT, Diabeeeetus!  Fuck you!

Course, my blood sugar that night before I went to bed was 389, which is not at ALL good.  But I knew WHY it was that high. If it ever gets that high and I've only had salads to eat all day, well yeah, THEN I'm gonna get really concerned.  And the next morning, it was down to 160, which, while high for fasting, is more normal for me.
********************
This year, I have let my front garden,,,,well, go to shit.  I've done nothing to it since I planted the flowers back in June.  And so it's totally completely overrun and overflowing with thistles and weeds.  I've been wanting to get in there and dig them out, especially now that it's gotten cold and is gonna get colder, eventually TOO cold to bother with them.  But I've been intimidated with the task, just because it seems like it's going to be just too much to handle...I don't even know where to start.

But last night, I had a plan: I'm off the next three days, so if I get up each morning and do some each morning, I'll have it done by Tuesday.

And then this morning, I slept it.  *SIGH*

I went to mom's for lunch (meatloaf!  YUM!)  And I when I got back home here, it was about 11:45 or so.  I was expecting ALCMDPP over to watch football, but that wouldn't be until 1:00 or so.  So, right then, I decided I was gonna go out and start on it.

And I did.

And after only getting about a third of the way through it in, I guess a half hour or so, I was exhausted.  My thighs were achy.  My lower back hurt.  My right arm and shoulder ached.  God, I am SO old.  And I'm sure I'll feel it all even worse tomorrow.

but I have resolved to do this tomorrow and Tuesday, mainly because this HAS to be done!  And it's embarrassing and shameful that I let it go for so long and let it get so bad.
********************
So, A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking did in fact make it over to watch the Cowboys beat Jacksonville in London England.  But he wasn't here even ten minutes before I got a text.  One of my newer straight/confused fuckbuddies was texting wanting to come over.  Apparently, he was really horny, and his girlfriend wasn't there and he wanted to get off.

I told him I had a friend over for football and couldn't help him today.  He was rather insistant ("Cant you tell him something came up?"), but I kept telling him no.  ALCMDPP said he was sorry for cock-blocking me.  But I told him not to worry about it.  I dont' want him to think I'm at his beck and call.   And plus, one thing I've discovered in my years of playing with straight/curious guys is, the longer you string them alone sometimes, the more they want it.  And the more accommodating they become.
********************
Last night, as I'm driving home, I got to thinking that I needed some stuff from Wal-Mart, but also that I should probably take another walk.  So when i got home, as I was changing into my sneakers, I called mom, and said, "I'm going to take a walk, and then go to Wal-Mart for some stuff.  You want to go along?"  And then quickly added, "To Wal-Mart, not the walk!"

She laughed and said, "Good I couldn't keep up anyway.  I do need some stuff from Wal-Mart, but....I don't even have a shower yet."

And while we both laughed, I said, "What?  Spending a whole day not even showering?  You're turning into ME!"  Still laughing, she said she got up and did some cleaning, and then went out and did some yard work, and then did some more cleaning.  And then after eating lunch, she thought, why get a shower now?  She wasn't even gonna take her car out of the garage.

So I told her after I get done with the walk I'll come get her.  And I did.  And when she got in the car, I asked her if she had showered, and she said, "Nah.  But I did change my clothes and put on some perfume, so I'm good."  And yet again we laughed.

After Wal-Mart, we ate at the Chinese buffet, which while Wal-Mart on a Saturday night at 6:00pm was crazy insane, the Buffet was rather empty.  But the food was good.  And I got a great forture:
"You are talented in many ways" ....IN BED!  Indeed!
*********************
I took a walk today as well.  I have no idea how far I went, cause once more my walking app when bonkers.  I know I walked for 27 minutes, and even though the app said I walked 1.98 miles.  I don't believe it.  I think it was closer to 1.5 miles.  But still, here's the map:
********************
And of course, as we wrap this up, we have The Obligatory Bits-N-Pieces Eye Candy!


POLT


1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

POLT! Vegetables STAT! Take care of yourself or I will fly out there and BEAT you.

XOX