Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Fucking Valentine's Day.



I HATE Valentine's Day. Always have. Always will. Even when I've been dating someone I hated it. One year, when I was dating Freddie, I told him the beginning of February that I was not going to be sending him any cards, flowers, candy or presents, and told him NOT to sent me any either, because I DETEST Valentine's Day. Course, that year, on February 14th, flowers did arrive for me, but they were all purple and white flowers in a purple vase. And the card read, "Purple Flowers because I love you and NOT for Valentine's Day." That was okay.

But serioulsy, if I love someone, I'm going to tell them that throughout the year NOT on a particular day that Hallmark Greeting Cards and Russell Stovers Candy and floral companies say I have to tell them. And people being told that they have to have a Valentine on Valentine's Day or else they're something wrong with them. Bah.

Fuck the whole idea.

POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

I don't hate it, but don't love it either. I think the people who get all in a hissy because they didn't get "someting" enough are stupid. I used to give the kid some chocolate and when I was with the ex it was usually chocolate and maybe I'd make a nicer than usual dinner but I'm kind of in the "whatever" camp.

Michelle M. said...

I've always loved Valentine's Day. Even on the many (many, too many) years when I was single. I think because I loved making valentines as a kid. Glitter, construction paper, doilies, stickers - that's like crack to me. And of course, there's all the chocolate. Single or not, chocolate here I come. I understand the problems people have with it though, so I will just wish you a happy Monday.