Sunday, February 13, 2011

Maybe we're not meant to be...

So earlier this week, Kris (if you don't know or remember who I'm talking about, there's a whole category dedicated just to him, find it, click on it, and you'll see all you need to know) sent me a message on Facebook telling me he'd be back in the area this weekend. So we agreed I'd pick him up after work on Saturday and he'd spend the night.

This was gonna be the first time I saw him since early November of last year. And honestly, I was a bit nervous. I wondered if he had changed. Or perhaps I had. Or if our dynamic had changed and we were no longer...compatable like we used to be. Turns out I was worried about nothing.

When we were together, it was like we had never been agart. We came to my house for a bit, then went to eat, then came back here, watched some of the first season of Avatar, The Last Airbender, and then went to bed for bedtimesexxyfun. And then this morning there was more bedtimesexxyfun before showering and me taking him back to where he was staying.

I had convinced myself that I didn't feel about him that way I used to, that this was just going to be a night of awesome fucking. And it was. But along the way, while holding each other and cuddling between bedtimesexxyfuns, I came to realize I actually DID feel the same way I had before about him. We talked about it and he agreed he did as well.

Despite this, I wasn't sad or depressed. I was just happy for the time we were having today. He said he was planning to move to California over the summer, which is sad, but his family will still be here, so he'll make periodic trips home. The....yes, the love I feel for him still is there.

It sucks that someone that I really do love isn't someone that I can have a realtionship with, but someone that I dont feel anything for pursued me, and I had to tell him no. Why do relationships have to be so complex?

Ah, well, whatever the reason, I'm very happy that Kris and I got to spend another night together, and I'm satisfied with the outcome of it. But man, I do wish he could be in my life more. I don't know if we'd work over the long haul, but honest to God, he's probably the only person I know that I'd want to try.

POLT

No comments: