Friday, February 11, 2011

Met a guy last month online. We chatted online for an hour then on the phone for an hour and a half. The next night, he came over and we had a wonderful time, the sex was pretty good. Over the next two/three weeks, he called me nearly every night and we'd talk for a half hour to an hour.

Tonight, I had to tell him I wasn't feeling a spark between us. He's a great guy, he's funny, he makes me laugh I enjoy talking to him, and he's great in bed. But there just is nothing more that I'm feeling for him. And tonight, I told him all that.

I feel like a heel. I feel guilty. I mean, I never did feel a spark, but I did like the guy, I enjoyed talking to him. And I thought perhaps if we kept talking, that spark would come. It never did. And now I feel like he might feel I was leading him on. Even though it's been barely a month since we first talked.

I never meant to lead him on, and I dont think I have. But I feel guilty as crap, just cause I could tell over the phone he probably was feeling a spark. Dammit.

Usually, in my relationships, I'm the one dumped or the relationship just gets old and withers and dies a slow death that neither of us invovled end the right way. But rarely am I the dumpee. And i feel like total crap now.

Still, I guess it's better to have told him that after a month rather than wait two months, or three or what have you. Still, it sucks to have to do this. And oh CRAP, I just now realized Monday is Valentine's Day. Oh, God, how horrible. We never talked about doing anything on Valentine's Day, or getting each other anything, so hopefully that's not an issue, but man, to dump somebody Valetine's Day weekend.....I am truly pondscum. Or at least that's how I feel.

Well, I'll go to bed soon, and wake up tomorrow hoepfully feeling a bit less guilty. I wish him well though. he really is a great guy.

POLT

4 comments:

Tam said...

Awwww. It always sucks to have to hurt someone's feelings but as you said, better now than 3 months down the road when you know there was no hope of anything happening. You're a good guy or you wouldn't care about his feelings. Hugs.

Unknown said...

It happens. The truth is there is never a god time to let someone down, all you can do is be as gentle as possible. It sounds like you did that. As for Valentine's Day, meh, it's another day.

Michelle M. said...

I think you're way too hard on yourself. You gave it a chance, it didn't work out, you didn't lead him on. It just happened to fall on VD weekend. Who knows, maybe you freed him up to meet someone else... it could happen.

But I guess if you weren't feeling guilty you wouldn't be the sensitive, wonderful Polt we all know and love.

tornwordo said...

You gave it the college try. Can't do much about chemistry. Feel bad for his hurt feelings but don't feel guilty about doing the right thing!