Sunday, July 13, 2014

So I saw the Emmy nominations somewhere recently.  They listed all the nominees in 8 major categories, 5 nominees each: 40 nominees total.  I noticed out of all those, CBS had 6 nominations, ABC had 2, NBC had 1.  So the big networks had a total of 9 out of 40 nominations.  Everything else when to HBO, Showtime, PBS, Netflix, etc.

I've said for years, Network TV sucks.  And I think this backs up what I say.  I dont care about the Emmy, just like I don't care about the Oscars or the Grammys or whatever.  I like what I like, and it's rarely what the people deciding the awards like, so that's why I dont care.

But seriously, cant the Networks see this?  Why do they keep making and producing inane, stupid, dumbed down to the absolute lowest common denominator TV shows?  Can't they see that the public watches and enjoys quality, well done, well written TV shows?  Or dont they care?  I just dont get it.

POLT

No comments: