Friday, July 04, 2014

State of independence, sounds like a signals from you....

So on the fourth, I got up late, showered, dressed and walked to mom's.  Then she, my uncle and I walked over to watch the parade.  And like nearly EVERY parade here in town, it was just chock full of fire trucks.  And antique cars.  And tractors.  Only one horse.  no marching bands (well the Wayne Band was playing, but they were riding in cart).  The Humane Society was not there walking the cute doggies.  And there was no bus filled with Vets from the nearby Veterans Hospital like there usually is.  But tons and tons and tons of rebuilt John Deeres.  And God knows, if Independence Day is about one thing is about farm equipment.

After the thrilling parade (all 45 minutes of it), I walked to the Post Office with my cousin to mail some cards, and then back to mom's.  After a bit of sitting and talking, Mom and I sat down to a meal consisting of salad, corn on the cob, and steaks done on the grill.  Yummy!  

Following this, I walked back home.  Once here, I sat on the front porch and read a bit.  It's beautiful today: highs in the low 70's, humidity in the 30's, clear blue sky, a wonderful breeze blowing.  Still, despite all that, I came back inside and read some more while laying on the couch before, obviously, falling into a nap.  

After said nap, I finished the book I was reading, then had leftover steak and a hamburger.  Yummy again.  And now I'm typing this.

What does the evening hold?  Well not fireworks.  I don't DO fireworks.  Oh, I'll hear them.  I always do...even with the windows shut and the a/c on, which wont be the case tonight I'm sure.  But I've never been into, or entertained by, fireworks.  

SO, my night will probably consist of wasted time on the computer, watching something on TV, and going to bed early.  I gotta go to work tomorrow.


At any rate, I hope you all have (had, depending on when you're reading this) a great Independence Day!  And if you're not from the USA....well I hope you enjoyed your Friday.


POLT


No comments: