Sunday, July 13, 2014

You can find me in the club, bottle full of bub....

So Ian Thorpe came out yesterday.


Despite frequent and constant denials that he was gay, and dating several women, he came out.  I feel kinda sorry for him.  Because he was so confused about it and unaccepting for so many years.  But the first person you must always come out to is yourself.  And I'm just glad to know that he's done that and now won't have to lie to anyone, least of all, himself.

Also, this is one that slipped past me.  I remember watching the 1988 Olympics and just having a feeling that that hottie swimmer Greg Louganis was gay.  And a few years later he comes out.


When watching the 2012 Olympics, everytime I saw cute lil Tom Daley, I kept thinking, "Ah, I bet he bats for my team."  And a little bit later, he comes out.


But I never, not once, had a thought that way about Thorpe.  Oh, I thought, how sweet it would be if he was, just cause he's so hot.  But honestly, I think that pretty much about every hot Olympic swimmer, diver, gymnast, etc.  But I didn't really think he was gay.  Not even.  Thorpe fooled my gaydar quite well.

But then this all isn't about me.  It's about Ian Thorpe.  Welcome to the club Ian.  Feel free to use the pool.  As much as you like.  Wearing as little as you like.

POLT

No comments: