Tuesday, July 15, 2014

You may, or may not, know I'm attempted to read all the Doctor Who books (well since the reboot anyway), in order.  More or less.

I've read all the 11th Doctor books.  Then I went back and started on the 9th Doctor.  I've gotten all his read now, and I'm working my way through the 10th Doctor.  And now I just see they've come out with three new 12th Doctor books....but I digress....


I checked on B&N online and they did not have the next three 10th Doctor books I needed.  Neither did Amazon, but one of their dealers (or whatever) did.  It was an British company and they were selling the three books for 79, 79, and 93 cents.  Yep, less than a dollar each.  So of COURSE I ordered them.

Then came the shipping costs.  When all was said and done the total was $14.48.  But still, less than 15 bucks for three books is a pretty damn good deal.

I ordered them on July 6, and was told they would arrive between July 31 and Aug 13.  No big deal.  I didn't need them right away, and they WERE being shipped from England, so it was all good.

And then Monday, July 13, what appears at my front door?  A package from England.  Containing the three books i ordered!!!!  I exactly one week, I got them.  And for less then $15 total.  It's a shame American companies >cough, cough, Amazon, cough, Barnes&Noble, cough< can't accomplish such things!


POLT

No comments: