Monday, December 08, 2014

Yesteday when ALCMDPP came over to watch some football, he was disappointed we weren't going to watch it on the new 42 inch TV, cause it's still in the box.  I told him I was waiting on Ghostie to come over in a week or so and help me put it together and hook up.

When ALCMDPP and I returned from lunch at Waynesburger, he said that we should just put it together now.  And I told him that's fine, he can help me put it together and hook it up, but by "help me" do it, what I mean is "You put it together and hook it up and I'll sit back and watch and stay out of the way."  And he said that was fine with him.  

So 'we' unplugged the current TV and I took it up to the bedroom.  The old TV I currently have up there (not a flat screen) was going up to the attic and so I did that.  And plugged in the TV I brought up.  When I got back downstairs, ALCMDPP had the legs on the new TV, BUT, my current TV stand was just a smidge too narrow to hold the new TV.  

SO, the new TV went on the floor, the current TV was removed from the bedroom and brought back down to the living and hooked up and we watched football on that.  AND, I called Mom to see what she was doing today, and told her we should go look for TV stands.

So today, this afternoon, we went to Hagerstown, but couldn't find anything.  So we then jumped on I-81, we drove up to Chambersburg and checked out Just Cabinets....which unfortunately had nothing I wanted.  So then, we resorted to WalMart.  And I got a TV stand there. 

I'm not totally happy with it, it's wide enough, but the current stand is 28" tall, and I wanted one at least that tall, if not taller.  But all the tall ones were these real fancy-schmancy looking things.  Bulky.   Large.  And really too big of a size for the size of my living room.  So I ended up getting one that's only 24 and some inches tall.  its not exactly what I wanted, but considering we checked out five places today and that's the best I could find, I didn't think there may BE one exactly like I wanted.  So I got it.

I had said several times I would wait until Ghostie came over to "help me" put it together.  But mom mentioned several times that there wasn't room at my place to put it together, nor to store it until we put it together.  So, at her suggestion, I put it in one of her lesser used rooms to store it.  And afterwards, she asked if it was okay if she opened it up and made sure everything was there, all the pieces and such.

And i laughed and told her sure go ahead.  Cause that's why i figured she kept pushing me to leave it at her place.  I don't really know how she's going to get down on the floor, with her knees, and root through that stuff to make sure it's all there, but I have no doubt she'll do it.  And frankly, it wouldn't surprise me at ALL, if ends up putting some of it together as well.  Cause, well, that's Mama Polt! 

POLT

No comments: