Tuesday, December 23, 2014

SO...

For supper I heated up a bowl of Mama Polt's Homemade Chili.  I had to add some salt and chili powder, but it was quite tasty.  As I sat down to eat, I took off my glasses, as I usually do, to read my book while eating.  And when I finished eating, I picked up my glasses, put them on my face, and the righthand arm just fell right off.  The screw was gone.

And, without my glasses, I couldn't see the screw anywhere.  I called mom and asked her if she had any of those tiny little screws and a screwdriver, and she said she did, and asked if I was going to come up and get them tonight.  And I told her, I couldn't come up at all, cause I couldn't drive without my glasses.  So she said she'd be down in a little bit.

But after we hung up I remembered I had my old pair of glasses around here somewhere and eventually found them.  I put them on, and my sight was distorted, but I could see well enough to get there.  So I called her house to tell her not to bother coming down.  And she didn't answer, so I called her cellphone.  And when it went to voice mail, my doorbell rang.  Of course it was mom.

I found the screw on the tabletop, and together, we got it back in the arm and the glasses together.  So I can at least see again, but didn't do it in time to allow her stay home and for me to go to her.

Bad timing all around.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Mama Polt is the best!