Monday, December 29, 2014

SO....

After work on Saturday, my second holiday vacation commenced. (the first ran from Friday 19th through Thursday 25th.  This one runs Saturday the 27th through Thursday January 1st)  The first thing I did was go to my aunt's house for this year's family Christmas.   We had it the Saturday after Christmas because on the Saturdays before, some of us couldn't get their kids one week and then others of use couldn't get their kids the other week, so we settled on the 27th.

It was lots of fun.  My grandmother (she's 90) was there, but only for a little bit.  In the middle of opening the gifts, she started feeling really bad and mom had to take her back to the home.  But other than that, fun times all around.  Aunts, uncles, first cousins, their spouses and their kids, lots of food, exchanging gifts, and of course, Mama Polt.

The kids were the best part, they were 14, 10, 9, 8, 18 months and 3 months.  I was seated at the kiddie table with three of them.  Well I chose to sit there, but that's cause kids are more fun.  And when we were growing up, all us kids sat at the kiddie table, and as I was the oldest kid, I sat there well into my 20s!  So I'm used to it.

Yesterday, I spent the entire day watching football.  I LOVED watch Dallas humiliate Washington 44-17.  And now I'm anxiously awaiting Dallas first playoff game in 5 years.

This morning, I slept in until about 9:30.  Then I putzed around here until it was time for my appointment with the dermatologist.  I was afraid, since there hadn't been any real change, I was in for a biopsy, like she mentioned the last time I was there.  I was convinced this was going to happen.  How a biopsy on your forehead 'rash' works, I had no idea.  But I KNEW it was going to happen.  And I was all worried about it.

Especially worried when they put in a room with this chair thing instead of a table.  And on a stand next to the chair was a needle, a specimen container and I guess an alcohol rub or something.  Stress level increased then.  When she came in, we talked, she looked over my forehead, and then told me to put aside the first cream she gave me and just use the second on twice a day instead and she'd see me in a month.  No biopsy!  When I told her how relieved I was, and how much of a wuss baby I am about that stuff, both she and the assistant laughed.  I laughed too...but I wouldn't have been had their been a biopsy!

The remainder of the day was spend, basically, on the couch.  I read some, putzed on the computer, watched TV and napped.  Really a wasted day, but I've got three more vacation days to be busy and stuff, it's good to relax.

And there's pics:

Mom and me selfie!

Lil Chris (18 mths) watches Morgan (3 mths) open his gifts.

Lil Chris and his cousin Tereek.

Obliteration!

The 'torture' chair in the dermatologists office!

POLT

No comments: