Saturday, January 23, 2016

So today, day two of Snowpocalypse 2016 Edition.

I got out of bed about 830.  I checked out front and saw the newspaper on the front porch.  In a little baggie like always, and a bit snowcovered.  I went out and got it.  And that was the extent of my leaving the house today.  Oh I DID periodically pop out the back door to take photos of the snow over Sebastian.  But that was only putting one foot out onto the backporch.

Otherwise, I was inside.  I was on the computer, several times.  I laid on the couch and read my book, several times.  I napped, several times.  I watched TV, several times. I finished up season 1 of The Misfits on Roku.  I had toast, a hard boiled egg and some yogurt for breakfast.  I made pasta and meatballs for lunch.  I had a ham and Swiss sandwich for supper.  In the evening, about 630, I took a shower and changed my laying-around-the-house-jammies.

Basically, I spent the day doing absolutely nothing but letting it snow.  Tomorrow, when it's done snowing and the sun is out, I'll clean off the front porch, the steps and the sidewalks in the morning.  Might even chance going to Rutters for coffee.  I'll wait to shovel out Sebastian until after they plow the alley, whenever that may be.

I hope everyone survived the storm, warm and dry.

UPDATE: About 9:10pm I noticed it was done snowing, so I bundled up and headed out.  In about a half hour, I shoveled a path through the back porch, through my sidewalk, across the front porch to the front door and got the front steps cleaned off.  There's really NOWHERE to put the snow though.  Don't know where I'm gonna put the rest of it, whenever I decide to shovel the rest of it off.

Now I'm tried, sweaty and a bit achy.  Off to bed soon.

POLT

No comments: