Monday, January 25, 2016

SO, how was the Blizzard Jonas here?

The papers are saying we got a bit over 31 inches of snow...a record.  Here is the storm on a meteorology map:


Ugly.  It stretches from Northeast Texas to Nova Scotia!

This morning when I woke up, they still hadn't plowed the alley, so Sebastian was still a snow dune. I walked to Rutters for some coffee and got these two pics of my front porch:



The base that those poles are sitting on, the base that's just barely visible above the snowline, is about equal with my head, and I'm 6 feet tall.  Now, granted, we did throw and snowblow the snow up there, but STILL, that's insane.  And in the second photo, you can see the sharp cut where the snow blower (thanks to my neighbor Eric) went through..that reaches my knees, over two feet I'd imagine.  Craziness.

With the alley still unplowed, I headed out to Rutters for coffee and breakfast.  While I was at Rutters, they FINALLY plowed the alley.  So after eating my breakfast and drinking my coffee I grabbed the shovel, suited up and headed out.  This is poor Sebastian from the alley:


 And after 40 minutes of digging and some of that time with the car running and the defrosters and heater on full blast, this is what Sebastian looked like:


Well at least the car itself is not snow covered.  And over the day, the sun hitting it melted all the other snow ON it, off.  However, in front of it is still a little lip of packed down snow that may be difficult to get the car over and especially back into the space.

Because of grandma's passing and the three days bereavement leave my work gets me, I won't actually HAVE to get the car out of the space until Friday morning.  But I'll get it out some day before then.

I laid around the rest of the day, and did really NOTHING at all: was on the computer, read, napped.  Finally, about 4, I had had enough. I paid two bills, suited up, did some more digging around the car and then walked to the Post Office.  My walking app was going nuts again, so I don't know who long or how far I walked.  But it was like a maze getting through the shoveled/unshoveled sidewalks.  And after I mailed the two envelopes, I walked on down Main Street to Waynesburger. I was glad to see they were open, so I ordered a burger and chili, stopped by Rutters to get more milk, and then came home and ate the food.

I think I'm finally go jump in the shower when I get finished with this.  That'll make me feel better, or at least cleaner, I'm sure.  And then I'll pop some Advil and probably go to bed a bit early.  My shoulders, forearm and hand are already starting to ache.  That should make getting out of bed really something tomorrow.....

POLT








No comments: