Saturday, December 24, 2022

 So it's time for my annual Christmas Eve tradition: Watching It's A Wonderful Life on network TV.


I had never seen this movie, at all, not even a bit of it, until 2007.  That year in October, my dad died.  When Christmas Eve rolled around, I didn't want to be alone if she didn't want to be.  So we had supper or something and I asked if she wanted me to stay the night in my old room, so she wouldn't be alone.  And she said no, she'd be fine.  But since the tv was on, and this show was starting, I said, why don't we watch this?

I figured the more of her time I could occupy that evening, the less time she'd have to be upset.  So we both sat there and watched It's A Wonderful Life.

A nice little movie full of hope.   I actually enjoyed it.

And I've watched it every year since.  Usually while enjoy and adult beverage.  This year, Stella enjoyed the movie with me...Stella Artois.

Happy Christmas Eve to all of you and a Merry Christmas tomorrow!

POLT

No comments: