Saturday, August 17, 2024

Check this out, real quick, don't know if everybody know (Part 4751).....

 Check This Out!

Today we've got some of Polt's family members. 


This photo shows my mother's mother's immediate family.  My grandmother is on the left in the front row. Next to her is her mother (who I never knew because she died before I was born), then grandma's father (who I do have memories of) and then my great-aunt Katherine, grandma's older sister.  (Katherine was an amazing woman! I have many memories of her, and I think of her as probably some family members think of my mom: an awesome elder matriarch of the family.)

Back row: We have grandma's half-sister Violet (they had the same mother) and then all five of grandma's brothers: Leroy, Claude, Donald, Harold and Henry. (I don't have any recollection of Donald and Harold...one moved to Alabama before I was born and I don't know anything about the other). 

From the outfits, hair styles and approximate ages, I'm gonna guess this was taken circa 1960.



Next we have a picture of my mother's father's immediate family taken I'd guess just about the same time as the picture above it. 

I'm much better with this group, we have yearly reunions on Thanksgiving for like the first 40 or so years of my life, so I know this group much better. 

Pap  was the oldest.  In front row we have the second sibling Evelyn, the Pap's mother (who I have memories of), Pap's father (who i don't as he died when I was an infant) and the fourth sibling, Gladys

In back we have the youngest Bob, then the next youngest Ed, then Pap, then the third sibling, Paul, and finally the fifth sibling Gene. 


Now this one was taken in the mid 80s at a reunion we had over the summer on year. 

Bob, Gene, Gladys, Pap, Evelyn, Ed, and Paul. 

Of these seven, only two: Bob and Ed, are still living. 

POLTPOLT

No comments: