Saturday, March 20, 2010

and he's cruisin' every pad with a little surprise...

When I got home from work, I had the normal bills and stuff in the mail as well as a little package! It's was wrapped in lavendar paper, which, while I prefer darker color, was still purple, and so that made me smile. And then I saw the return address and smile more: it was from my buddy Amie!


She had written on each side "This side up" with an arrow. how funny!


And she even wrote on this on the bottom of it! (the really funny part is, the mailman had placed it in between my doors in the exact position, so he musta listened to her commands)


This is what was in the wrapping. And this made me chuckle. When Amie was in college (like 10-15 years ago) she would send me letters and since she was a poor college student, she'd make the envelopes out of anything: cereal box cardboard, newspaper print, fliers from the Sunday papers, whatever was handy. This box just kinda reminded me of that.


And inside, in a little plastic container and packaged with paper towels was a cupcake! She included a little note telling me her and her daughter (who I think is like 3 maybe 4) made these and she sent me one. And she told me to cut it in half, top to bottom.


This is what else I found: it was a rainbow cupcake!


And this is the two halves side by side. In her note, she also said she thought the icing would be all icky (it was, smeared all over) and that it would be stale (it wasn't, it was damn good!).

So, thanks Amie, and Amie's lil girl! How nice to know you thought of me when making rainbows! Yummy, yummy rainbows!
POLT

5 comments:

Michelle M. said...

How utterly adorable (and yummy).
My brother (he was 4) accidentally suffocated his pet rat by putting him in a Pop Tart box. I don't think my mom ever fully recovered from that little surprise.

Tam said...

What a great cupcake. I've seen cakes like that in pictures but not real life. Enjoy your treat.

grumpy said...

Made me tear up! What a beautiful, thoughtul act.

that's J-O-S-H said...

I want cupcakes...NOW!

Bella said...

that is so sweet!!!! (no pun intended) I love getting real snail mail. Glad I found your blog (via 13 messages). xoxo.