Sunday, March 07, 2010

Indestructible memories, are passing in review...

The week in review.

Sunday, after going to Sonic with A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking, I came home and watched the hockey game, which was awesome. It was exactly as great as a gold metal Olympic hockey game should be. And if the USA didn't get gold, then I'm glad Canada did.

After that, I went for dinner at my co-worker Michelle's house. She's the cute little co-worker I went out to get something to eat with the previous Saturday, and then we came back here and talked and drank Asti. Anyway, Sunday night I got to meet her boyfriend Scott (who, much to my disappointment, does not have a gay twin brother who's turned on by fat, old hairy fags) who is an amazing guy and totally fun and awesome. And their dog Maggie who, even though our relationship started a bit rocky with a lot of barking and running away (on her part, not mine), is now bestest buddies with me.

All week at work I got caught up on stuff I had fallen behind on while in training. Lots and lots of paperwork involved.

Wednesday, I got a movie from my Netflix queue and watched it that night: Dr. Who: The Infinite Quest, and animiated movie from the Martha Jones era of Dr. Who. Animatation was quite good, as was the dialogue. This I'd recommend to anyone who likes Dr. Who but who hasn't seen this yet.

Thursday night, Michelle and I went for dinner again, and then to see Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief. It was an okay flick. I'd recommend it only for Netflix queues. I mean the main guy had incredibly blue eyes, the charater of Grover looked pretty hot in a wifebeater, and Uma Thurman was, well, monsterously good. But the rest of it...nah, not really worth the money.

Friday night, I met up with Reggie, which is all described HERE.

Saturday I spent puttering around the house, not doing much of anything, which is exactly what I'm doing today. I have to work tomorrow, the first day of a six day work week, and I have to begin it with getting bloodwork done at 8:00 in the morning, so there's no eating or drinking after 8:00 tonight, which sucks. But because i have a shortened weekend, I'm not doing much of anything but recovering and preparing for the long work week.

And, best of all, I totally have come out of that funk I was in nearly all of last month. I mean, yeah, stressful things happened: Miss Cleo died, had to buy a new car, my laptop died, had to buy another one, didn't like it, took it back and bought another one, and two blizzards. But in addition, I was just so...down. Apathetic in the extreme. I know I'm over it, cause this morning, I looked at my kitchen table, dining room table and coffee table and thought, "Man, they are cluttered. I should get them tidied up." And previously, I would see the same mess and think,"Ah, who the hell cares?" So this, in and of itself, is a very good thing.

I just hope to make it through this longer work week with little problems and much expediency.

POLT

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I see, I got dumped for Michelle - hmmmm.... and who is she anyway? We have a co-worker named Michelle???

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the new Tron trailers? If I were in town we'd have to check it out.

Hey, spring is around the corner. Pretty soon you'll be spending money on a new a/c unit! LOL

hoteltuesday said...

UMMMM watching hockey was awesome?? LOL.

Every time you write "Miss Cleo died" I get really anxious then remember she wasn't human.