Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Get yourself a new tattoo, for those sleeveless days...

I'm thinking about getting another tattoo.

As most of you should know, I've got the Superman S tattooed on my left shoulder. I plan on one day getting a red Canadian maple leaf tattooed at the exact same place on my right shoulder, but I want to get that one when I'm IN Toronto, cause, presumably, they'd know how to make a maple leaf better than an American.

But since I got my Superman tattoo in 2000, and it's now ten years later, I thought it time to maybe get another one. I've thought in the past about getting this done, and disregarded it, wanting only to get the maple leaf and then be done. But now, the more i think about it, the more I'm thinking I might end up doing this.

I want to get, around the Superman S, several other small tattoos. I want to get the symbols for the other six original members of the Justice League: Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and The Martian Manhunter. They'd look something like these below (minus, of course, the Robin symbol).



I won't get all six of them at once, one at a time. Maybe once a year until I get them all done? I don't know, the only thing is once I start doing these, I'm gonna have to do them all. So I want to make sure I really want to do it. Don't want to get like three of them done and then change my mind. So I need to do some more thinking about it. But right now, I'm leaning towards getting them done.

Any opinions?

POLT

6 comments:

Tam said...

I like the concept. You might want to talk to a tattoo artist about placement. I think 7 tattoos randomly placed on your body looks weird so you want some kind of plan and coherency to the overall design. I have this image of some kind of a vine-like random design that swirls around them and connects them all, going down your arm connecting Superman to the others? But I'm all about swirly viney/tribal stuff.

I'm all in favour of tattoos but it's a very personal thing.

Polt said...

Oh no Tam, they wouldn't be randomly around my body. The design would go seomthing like:

S
F GL
B
A MM
WW


Or something like that (I hope the spaces are still there when I post this comment, otherwise it's gonna look all disjointed and crappy).

And I'm not for the viney, swirling thing. Just the layout and the symbols. I THINK.....

HUGS...

Polt said...

Aaaaaand the spacing did NOT come out okay. Alright then, well how about this one?

**S**
*F*GL*
**B**
*A*MM*
**WW**

Just put spaces in place of the astericks and that's what I'm talking about.

Whatever....at any rate, they're NOT gonna be randomly over my body. That's the point here. I think...

HUGS...

Tam said...

I see it. That could work. I've seen pictures of people who have tattoos of a theme just kind of randomly on their back. Frightening. I see you mean centred, then two, then centred, then two.

Anonymous said...

Green Lantern for sure! I'm not a fan of WW though. Just doesn't seem right on a guy.

hoteltuesday said...

I say get then all straight down, in a column. Actually, I say get a picture of me!