Thursday, March 18, 2010

Undress me, will I look like a fool (Part 205)...

Once more, it's time for...


Let me tell you a story. I started the Palace in the summer of 2005. Over the ensuing months, I'd visit certain blogs, and I discovered this thing call Half Nekkid Thursdays (HNT). Seeing some of the photos put up, I knew I could never do it. After thinking about it, I decided, yeah I could do it. At least once. Maybe twice. Certainly not for long. I mean, I knew I'd never show the 'Full Monty' and really, how many photos could one take of oneself or one's various body parts? And so, March 16, 2006, I had my first HNT, with the following photo:


Fast forward 4 years to today, March 18, 2010. In that ensuing time, to my recollection, I have never missed an HNT. Oh, there's been weeks when, due to illness, vacation, computer problems, whatever, I didn't post. But the following week, I always posted two HNT'S to make up for the missed week.

I've posted countless HNT shots of my feet, legs, hands, arms, shoulders, goatee, hair, head, smile, and even three shots of my ass (the less said about those photos, the better). I've posted HNT photos from every room of my old apartment, from within my car while it was moving, from several places in my new house, while at work, from Toronto, from Washington DC, from New York City, while walking in blizzards and while sitting on beaches. I've posted HNT photo series's of "My Morning Rituals", "Me In Various Bathroom Mirrors" and "My Wacky Underwear". I've posted HNT photos with my friend's children, in tuxedos, on the toilet, while doing dishes, while eating, with cousins while playing games, while voting, in the shower and at the doctor's office. I've posted HNT photos with mom's dog Angel, a dual HNT with Susie and her housecoat, and several with my boyfriend at the time, Freddie. I can remember many Wednesday nights staying up until 12:01 am EST so I could get my comment on there early that 'I was up!', and then racing home from work in the afternoon and spending a good hour or so going through all the comments posted and leaving comments on quite a few blogs about their HNT's.

However, as of late, I've been having an extreme lack of inspiration and motivation to post HNT photos. So, as they say, all good things must come to an end. And I've decided this, almost 4 years to the day since my first one, will be my final regular HNT post.

I will still post occasionally, perhaps make it a monthly instead of weekly thing, or maybe only post on holidays or such. Should I hear of a HNT reunion kind of thing, or old-timers thing, I will certainly get something together then. But four years of Half Nekkid narcissism is enough for me.

I want to thank OS for all he's done. If he's not the father of HNT, he's certainly it's heart and soul. And best of luck on your health issues. I'm in roughly the same boat as you, I know what a challenge that can be. And over the years, I met many HNT friends, and there's no way I could possibly mention them all. So, I'll just mention three: 13 Messages, TUG, you guys I've been visiting through HNT for, it seems, forever. Keep up the great photos! And Crimson, you were here when I started posting, and you always had a black and white shot with something colored in red: your hair, fingernails, a rose, your corset, etc. And they were such erotic photos. Man, they even got a rise out of an old guy boy like me. I don't where you are Crimson, but may your red never fade

And so, after all this babbling, let's get on with the purpose of this whole thing: the HNT photo! My first one consisted of my left leg wrapped in the green mesh of a laundry bag laying on my bed. I thought it appropriate to have my last one be my RIGHT leg wrapped in the green mesh of that same laundry bag laying on my bed.



Kinda like bookends, ya know?

And so until the next time inspiration hits, keep on HNT-ing everyone! I'll be watching even if I'm not participating.

POLT

8 comments:

Stealth said...

hey cool bookends, Polt..I will miss your purple eye, but after my two year hiatus, not much I can say :)

HHNT - hate to see you go

Osbasso said...

Truly a sad day here. As you said, you've been a constant presence here in the HNT world. Without showing the goodies. Truly one of the old school HNTers. You're going to be missed.

I'll definitely keep you in the loop should something come up in the way of a reunion.

Best of luck to you, and be sure to stop by on occasion!

13messages said...

If this is it for the regular posts, then you closed with a perfect shot. I love the fishnet look of this. And thanks for the mention. Os made sure I knew about your post.

Have a great night.

that's J-O-S-H said...

Sorry, can you essssplain to me HNT. I don't get it. Are you half-naked in these pictures? If so, why you only take a picture of one part of your body? I iz st00pid?!

Semi-Celibate Man said...

Hi Polt. I don't know how you did it for 4 years. Awesome!

I'm back in for as long as it lasts.

You might enjoy, and be surprised by, my last couple of posts. Go see...

Happy HNT>

Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel so honored that you mentioned me. I've always enjoyed the lightheartedness of your posts. I'll still keep coming back even without the HNT. I obviously hit the same point much earlier than you. I'm not regular, but still do it for fun once in a while.

You're on my list of peeps to visit if I ever get to your neck of the woods.

Anonymous said...

"bookends!" what a great way to start, and complete, a regular HNT gig!

Dee said...

I've always enjoyed your HNTs - you'll be missed!

xx Dee