Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Getcher pants off the ground....

My pants are too short.  When I put them on, I thought they mighta been, but wasn't sure.  Every time I looked down at them, of course, the pants would go lower.  So I thought they may be too short, but whatever.

But then today at work, a coworker, who enjoys doing such things, pointed out to me, in a smart-assed way, about my "high waders".  And I realized they indeed were too short. 

I couldn't figure out why they were short.  I'd had them for a few years, and they used to fit.  I'd expect my waist size to change but not my inseam.  Smart-assed co-worker (who is really a good guy, we harrass each other all the time) and I discussed this for a bit and I said they used to fit.  So I put them down to where I used to wear them and the length was perfect.  What I figured out happened was, before, I wore them lower, under my belly, and they fit.  Now that I lost weight, if I wore them there, I'd de sagging.  And drooping.  And they'd be falling to my knees.  So I hike them up a bit higher and they fit my waist now.  But the length is all screwy.

Who knew that in losing weight, I'd end up screwing with the inseam of my jeans?

POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

I think you'r just getting old. :-P

Michelle M. said...

WTS.