Friday, March 18, 2011

You say it's your birthday, well it's my birthday too....

Yesterday was, as I mentioned, Mom's birthday. She turned a very youthful and vibrant 68. And I know she doesn't give a damn that I just now revealed to everyone on Teh Interwebs.

SO yesterday morning, about 9:00, I called her to sing happy birthday to her. I got the machine and left a message. Then, once I got home, I called again, about 5:30, got the machine left another message. Later, about 8:00, I went to Wal-Mart (don't judge me), and on the way back, I stopped to see. She wasn't home, although Angel was quite happy to see me. She had to piddle. So I left mom a note and came home.

About 9:15 or so, my phone rang. It was her. She was laughing and asked about her happy birthday song. I told her I made three attempts and she was too busy, so screw her! After we finished laughing, she said she left the house about 8:30 in the morning, got back a little before 4, and then left again at 4:30 and just then had gotten home. She had been with several different people eating both lunch and dinner out, and not paying for either cause of her birthday. She said she had 11 messages in the morning and 6 in the evening. And she had gotten 24 cards.

Everybody loves Mama Polt. I mean, what's not to love? She's a saint!

POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

Wow, a social butterfly. Glad she had such a good day, hopefully you guys get to celebrate together soon. Happy Birthday from up north.

Michelle M. said...

Wish her a belated happy birthday for me (and Harry)! We love Mama Polt!