Monday, August 15, 2011

Bits-N-Pieces

On the Glee Project, I hate that bitch Lindsay.  She thinks too much of herself, is too disingenuous with both her competitors, her mentors and the guy judging them, and I dont think she's frankly all that talented.  She needs to go.

The three guys, I'm conflicted about.  Samuel is the hottest, Damian is the sweetest, Alex is...the gay one.  On the show itself, I'd love to see Damian with his accent and the others, Britany especially, try to figure out what he's saying.

Frankly, my predcition for the winner is....Damian.  Lindsay is little more than a Lea Michelle imatator, and they've already got one of her.  Samuel is the smoldering heartthrob type, which apparently they have enough of in Finn cause they kicked the much cuter and much heartthrobbier (totally a word) Sam out the door.  And they already have a sassy gay in Kurt and sassy big black chick in Mercedes, so Alex would be redundant in both those cases.

That's why I think they'll pick Damian.  He's a niche no one on the show has yet filled.
**************************
Im in the middle of the 4th Harry Potter book (dear LORD it's thick! [that's what SHE said]), and despite the way Rawling describes them, I still see all the characters as they were in the movies.  Her description of Mad-Eye Moody, Voctor Krum, and even to an extent Ron and Draco, are not much like the characters in the movies. So I find myself just ignoring her descriptions and going with the visuals.  Besides Krum in the movies is MUCH more attractive than the way he's described in the books.
**************************
Back still hurting somewhat.  Used to be, when I woke up it was fine but as the day progressed, it got worse.  Now it's the opposite.  It's like it tightens up at night and when I wake up, it's difficult to bend over.  But as I get moving around and walking and stuff, it loosens up and doesn't hurt.  Funny how I'm so out of shape, I hurt myself just sleeping.
**************************
Grandma Polt was in Ocean City Maryland with some relatives and had to be admitted to the hospital for a bleeding ulcer.  They had to take her off her blood thinner because of it.  Also, then ended up, over the course of a few days, giving her four pints of blood.  Well, because of all this...thicker blood, Satruday night she had a heart attack.  She's fine, but they thought she was going to be released Sunday, but not after tha heart attack.  She's still down there, even though everyone that was down there with her had to come home Sunday.  When she's released from the hosptial, my uncle's going to drive down and get her.  Poor old woman, survived a triple bypass about 8 years ago, and colon cancer last fall, and now, has to deal with all this.  Course, when you're 88, things like that happen.  Still, she's a tough old bird, just keeps on ticking.
**************************
Saturday after work, I went to Frederick with A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking and we went to four different bookstores looking for something.  Which I couldn't find.  So I ordered it last night on Amazon.  But after all our searching, we went to aka Friscos.  And I got the delicious ham sub and bowl of chili I always do.  And dammit, I broke down and ordered a regular Coke.  Just HAD to.  Eating that stuff without real soda just seems a crime against nature.

I've heard people tell me that once I get used to diet soda, real soda will taste too sweet for me.  But that couldn't be further from the truth.  Honestly, the taste was...glorious!  I refilled my cup three times.  Which I suppose isn't really a good thing for a diabetic like me.  But considering since July 7th, I've only had one other 8 oz cup and a small glass of real soda, having those drinks then isn't too bad.  It's not like I drink that much every day, like I used to.  And since then, it's been back to only water or diet soda.  Quite a let down, but it'd be a bigger let down, I'll wager to lose my feet to diabetic necrosis, eh?
**************************
The youngest ParisPeking, Jackie, for whatever reason is still speaking like she has a Long Island accent.  Upon my asking her, and around her laughter, she said for me "CAW-fee" and "Low-ng Oy-Land".  I have GOT to remember to take my camera with me and film her saying these things soon before she stops saying them this way.
**************************
And of course, the obligatory bits-N-Pieces eye candy:


POLT

No comments: