Saturday, August 06, 2011

Memories, like the corners of my mind.....

They say smell is sense most connected to memory (or something like that) and I think that's true.  But I also think it's true that music can be connected to memory.

Like anytime I hear "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol, I think of Freddie. Not that it was 'our song', we never had an 'our song'.  But there was one time Freddie and I were laying bed, post-coitally, listening to the radio and that song came on.  And he said to me, after the one chorus, "If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?"  Said it, not sung it.  I called him a cornball, and we both laughed. 

And anytime I hear "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz, I automatically think of Kris.  He sang that to me one evening here at my house.  I recorded it and posted it here, and on YouTube.  And even thinking about it now, makes me smile.

And even Angel, who I was only with for like ten days (although a passionate and drama filled ten day those were), there's a song.  We were driving somewhere, holding hands and "Jar Of Hearts" by Christina Perri came on, and Angel started singing it.  Not TO me, just out loud.  And it was the first time I had heard it.  So now, when it's on the radio, I thin of Angel.

And then there's Sean.  Well, I dont have a song that reminds me of him.  We never really listened to much music.  We did watch a lot of TV, went to a few movies, but no, no song.  Although he DID give me asparagus, so there is that.

So do any of you have songs that remind of boyfriends/girlfriends/lovers past?

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

I have songs that remind me of specific times in my life, but not of boyfriends in the past. Harry and I don't even have a song. I should get on that. Maybe it will be the runner up in the Palace song contest...