Monday, January 16, 2012

People try to judge me when they're not in my shoes (Part 2)...

Last Thursday Kris and I watched two movies and today I finished up a DVD set.

"The Animatrix"
This is nine animated short movies relating to (in some cases in very obscure ways) the Matrix Trilogy.  The films range in quality from mildly entertaining to bizarre, overdone, trippy and uninteresting.  I owned this CD and I had watched it before a few years ago, and actually fell asleep while watching it. And this time, cuddle up next to Kris with his arms around me, I actually drifted off for a few seconds again.  Both of us agreed, overall, the whole thing sucked.  As it went on, it just got worse and worse.  The animation was quite good, even if the plots and such were terrible.  I suppose should I ever be high again in my life, this would be something worth watching.  Otherwise, I'll probably never play the stupid thing again.
"Go"
I hadn't seen this movie in a while and Kris had never seen it, so we watched it.  I have always loved the movie, and Kris did as well after watching it.  It's quirky, fun, funny, and has quite a few unexpected and strange turns in it.  It's got tons of famous people in it.  And it even has some hot shirtless guys for people like me, and some tittie-shots for the straight guys among you.  I would highly reccommend that if you haven't seen it, you watch it right now.  You'll definitely enjoy it.
"Star Trek: Voyager, Season 1"
Just let me say, after watching it one episode after another as opposed to watching it sporadically as it aired, that the series is not as bad as I had thought it was.  Oh, dont get me wrong, it's not really good either, but it's not the mass of stinking dog poop I thought it was.  There's still the Kazon, and Chakotay's Indian mystic crap, and Janeway's changing horrid hairdos, and Neelix (the photo above is when his lungs were removed...and unfortunately, he did not die), and that episode where Tuvok uses a dog, a DOG for God's sake, to solve a murder mystery.  And I think that says it all.

POLT

3 comments:

vuboq said...

RE: Voyager ... I do not think you are giving the Bun of Steel the amount of respect it rightly deserves.

Admittedly, I have not seen the complete series (and I haven't watched it in a long time), but i remember that it seemed to get better with each season. And, the final episode of the series is probably my absolute favorite of all of the series.

Bun. Of. Steel. It rocks. Respect.

vuboq said...

Also, I bought a purple sweater today! YAY!

Enrico said...

It does get better in later season! Hurray for Seven of Nine!!!