Monday, January 23, 2012

People try to judge me when they're not in my shoes (Part 3)...

I recently finished season 2 of Voyager.  Seeing it one episode after the other makes it a lot less horrible than it is when viewed seperated by a week at time or when seen disjointedly in reruns.  But dont get me wrong, it's still horrid.  I'll prove this with two simple words:


"Threshold" and "Clown".  


Nuff said, eh?

In addition,  I recently finished the book "Upstairs At The White House". 


It's a memoir, told by one of the Chief Ushers of the White House from 1941-1969.   For me, it was extremely interesting, giving the author's personal take of the various First Ladies (Eleanor Roosevelt, Bess Truman, Mamie Eisenhower, Jackie Kennedy, Lady Bird Johnson, and Pat Nixon).  It gave a lot of details of how the White House works and things that happened during that time period.  And for a Presidential History junkie like me, this was like crack cocaine.  I don't suppose it would appeal to many people, but for what it was, it was outstanding.

POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

I've never seen the salamander nor clown episodes, and lets just keep it that way.

So which one was the biggest bitch? That's what I want to know. I'm thinking Nixon.

Polt said...

According to him, none of them was a bitch per se. BUt according to him, Eisenhower was probably the worst, but even she wasn't bad.

The author only spent two months with the Nixons so he didn't really form an opinion of them.

HUGS...