Sunday, January 15, 2012

So last Thursday night, I picked up Kris after work and he spent the night.  This was quite pleasing, as I thought the previous Sunday/Monday stayover would be the last. And since this would be his last night in the area (he was moving to Richmond on Friday afternoon), I thought he'd want to spend it with his friends and not me.  But that probed inaccurate.

We had originally planned on going to see "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" and get dinner before coming back here.  But in thinking about it, I came to realize that would mean we'd have limited amounts of time together, alone.  So instead I suggested we just come back here to watch movies and eat.  Which is what we did.

We first watched "The Animatrix", then ordered, picked up, and ate a pizza, and then watched "Go."  All while sitting on the couch, cuddling, talking, kissing.  It was much better than having to be in a theater and restaurant.  After this, we went to bed for betimesexxyfun.  And more talking and cuddling.  it was fun, Kris was giggley and tickily.  It wasn't sad or teary like it had been Sunday night. 

I think this time, we both knew it was the last, final time, and we had accepted it, and were just having fun with each other.  We weren't worried about being apart, or what have you, we were just more in the moment.  We talked, but it wasn't sad or melancholic. 

And when we slept, the whole entire night, we were cuddled up against one another.  I frequently wake up throughout the night to readjust my position in bed, and that night, everytime I did, we were touching, skin to skin in some fashion.  It was a great feeling, safe, comfortable and comforting. 

And on the plus side, the final night Kris spent at my house, until Sunday night, we had access to the shower and toilet.  Such a small thing, but well, I didn't want his last night with me to be a night of holding his bladder and not showering.

On the way to work Friday, I took him home.  I had feared this trip might be awkward or sad or depressing, but it wasn't.  We simply held hands and talked pleasantly, like always.  And when I parked in front of his car, we kissed goodbye, said we loved each other, and off he went to his apartment and I to work.

That night, I got a text from him. "Made it here alive and I miss you already :( "  I told him I missed him too, wished him good luck and told him I'd call him in a few day to talk.  He said "okay and thanks.  love you love you love you"  Which was really sweet I thought and did make me a smidge misty eyed.

I am a bit sad over the whole thing.  But not upset or depressed.  I do miss him.  But he's moving on to bigger and better things, things he couldnt get here.  And for that, I'm happy for him and excited.  And we're still going to stay in touch via Facebook, texts and calls.  And there are tentative plans for me to get a hotel room there in April or May for a weekend, so there will be that.  And of course, I'll have to memories.

Course, memories really don't keep you warm, safe and comforted in bed....

POLT

No comments: