Wednesday, January 25, 2012

These five guys have been taking it to the rim slam dunking...

Tonight mom and I went looking for a new car for her.  (Have I mentioned she had an accident about ten days ago?  She's fine, never even had a stiff neck, but her car ended up being totalled, per the insurance company.)  She found two used Volkswagen Jettas, and has all the paperwork on both of them and is reviewing it all right now.  She'll make her decision soon and may have the car by as soon as Friday. 

But afterwards, we wanted supper and she suggested Five Guys.  Neither of us had ever been there before, so that's where we went.  I've heard people rave about it, especially about the fries, how great they are and how much they give you.

After eating there, I can say I was completely underwhelmed.  The burgers were...fine.  The fries, okay.  But neither of them were anything special.  And the cost for both our meals totaled over $21.  Wha???  I can go to Waynesburger, get a better burger, less fries, and a soda for like $8.  I can get all that for two for $16.  The price for what we got wasn't worth it.

Mom loved it and said she'd definitely come back.  I said, Meh.  I'd probably eat there again if I was with someone who wanted to, but I wouldn't suggest it myself, or choose to go there on my own.

Frankly, it was quite a disappointment.

POLT

2 comments:

truthspew said...

Yeah - a couple weeks back Keyron and I stopped at Five Guys. We both got the bacon cheeseburgers, a large order of fries and two bottles of water and it was $23.99!

The burgers are pretty good though, especially with sauteed jalapeno, mushrooms, and onions!

Michelle M. said...

I agree. I went with Cupcake, so that made it worth it. And the soda machine was cool. And they DID give me a ton of fries. But the food was just meh. Haven't been back.

wordveri: lartaz. What you will be if you eat too much Five Guys.