Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Today, Tuesday Jan 3rd, is the Iowa Republican Primary.  After today, I fully expect at least one of the candidates to drop out, so I thought I'd give my opinions on them now, while I still got them all here.  Disclaimer: I am, as you all should know, a Democrat, so naturally, every one of these jokers is unacceptable to me.  Where oh where have you gone Nelson Rockefeller and Dwight Eisenhower?  The Repulican party is screaming out for normal voices such as yours. At any rate, I shall describe each candidate with a short sentence or statement.

Bachmann: Three words: Bat. Shit Crazy.  Or maybe these three words: Not. A. Chance.
Cain: Self destructed, and not soon enough.
Gingrich: Such a loser he was forced to resign the Speakership Of The House in the 90's
Huntsman: He's relatively moderate, which in the current Republican party is akin to being a black, Jewish, gay, Communist, baby-raper.
Paul: Has about 25% of the Republican voters, and that's all he's gonna get..
Pawlenty: Gone before he even got started
Perry: Texas governor, not too bright, verbal mistakes...is this Rick Perry or George W. Bush?
Romney: "Corporations are people too", Nuff said.
Santorum: Claimed allowing men to marry men would mean we'd have to allow men to marry thier dogs.  That about says it all for him too.

My prediction, for what it's worth: 1st Romney, 2nd Paul, 3rd Gingrich, 4th Santorum, 5th Perry, 6th Bachman, 7th Huntsman.

POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

I'm actually surprised the Christian conservatives would go for a Mormon. All someone has to do is bring up the crazy underwear and some of their other more unusual practices and you'd think that would wig out the Baptists. Maybe Mormons, maybe they relate to people who talk in tongues and heal the sick.

From an outsider perspective they all scare the crap out of me.

Polt said...

Romney's gonna have problems in the deep South with the Baptists if there's anyone still left running against him by then. But I still think he's got the nomination wrapped up., The Money People in the Republican Party want him, that's all that matters.

Unless of course, he's caught with, as they say, a live boy or a dead girl. Otherwise, he's the nominee.

And Tam, from any rational insider perspective, they scare the crap out of us too.

HUGS...