Thursday, March 15, 2012

Okay, so this is how it's gone.

Last week, Kris contacted me and said he and Sean were coming up Wednesday and spending the night into Thursday.  I said that was great, I could get off work Thursday, that way we could stay up late and in the morning, we could go get some breakfast perhaps.  This was all good with him.  I put a slip in to take off Thursday.

This past Tuesday, Kris called and said there were some issues with Sean, and they weren't coming up Wednesday, but they were coming up Thursday and staying over to Friday.  I said, okay, that way, since I'm off Thursday, we could spend the afternoon and evening together, and even though I'd have to get up and get to work on Friday, they could lockup and leave whenever they were ready.  And all was good.

Then, about 10 Wednesday night, Kris called, pissed off, livid actually, and said they weren't coming up.  He said he didn't want to talk about it, he'd call me Thursday night and we could talk about it.  I was disappointed, but I figured I'd just go to work Thursday then and save my vacation and stuff.

What I forgot was that I hadn't set my alarm.  So when I woke up on Thursday, it was already 9:00, when I'm supposed to be at work at 8:00.  Well, no harm, no foul.  I wasted 8 hours vacation, but since I had already put the slip in, nobody was expecting me Thursday anyway. 

Then, about 1:00pm, I got a message from Kris saying they WERE coming up anyway, just leaving then, but no, they weren't staying the night, they were returning Thursday night.  I thought, hmm, okay, well, since it's like a 2.5 hour trip one way, that's not going to leave a lot of time for them to spend here.  So I'm thinking, they may have an hour perhaps to spend here.  So my plan was, when they get here, I'll turn on the TV for Sean and Kris and I can excuse ourselves to my bedroom to...talk.  Not satisfactory, but it'll do.

So just about an hour ago, Kris called from Hagerstown, saying they were eating and would be here in a bit, and he wondered if he and Sean could spend the night and go back tomorrow morning?  Well HELL yes.

So, in the end, I get to spend the night with Kris (yay), got a day off work (meh), and I'm more or less happy with the situation.  Course, they're not acutally HERE yet, so with the way things have been going, I'm not counting my Krises before they're hatched.

POLT

3 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Oh my gosh - that would have driven me crazy. Good thing you're easygoing. Hope your Kris hatches and you have fun.

Polt said...

Well, no, Michelle M., actually, my Krises never hatched. They never made it up here to my place. Yeah, wasn't a happy camper, I. But we're gonna talk about it tonight, when he calls me, because he said he would.

HUGS....

Michelle M. said...

Oh - that stinks! Hopefully he can find a way to make it up to you ; ).