Wednesday, March 07, 2012

People try to judge me when they're not in my shoes (Part 8)...

Got a few reviews this time.

Firstly, This book.

It took me almost a month to finish it.  I was engrossed in it, but it was over 500 pages long of very VERY small print.  And it was insanely thorough.  And a bit dry.  Almost like a textbook.  But still I was all wrapped up in it.  Very VERY well done. Rate it an A.

Yesterday, I bought this movie, and I watched it last night.


It was kinda like a story arc in the Justice League from about ten years ago...which frankly was better than this movie.  Still, the movie was entertaining.  It had lots of action, some total unrealism, and, in explicably, Cyborg.  WTF?  Guess they want people to pick up the NEW Justice League comic book where Cyborg is a founder.  Ugh.  Anyway, as I said, it was entertaning, and I did enjoy it.  Rate it a B-.
And then, this afternoon, I finished this book:


It's one of three books that are prequels to Torchwood: Miracle Day.  The miniseries last summer pretty much sucked, but the book was entertianing.  It's main characters were Suzi Costello (and if you know anything about Torchwood, this probably will peak your interest) and a Det Culter who was a character in two previous Torchwood novels.  The book wasn't all that great, I mean, it was a nice distraction but ultimately it was just fluff.  Overall, I'd give it a C-.

POLT

No comments: