Sunday, September 13, 2026

 So, seeing as how we're into autumn now, I thought I should see about getting my annual flu and COVID shots. Work gives the flu shot, but not until late October/early November and they don't give the COVID shot at all, so like the last few years, I checked with Wal-Mart. 

On Thursday, I got on the webpage to see about getting an appointment.  I wanted to do it on a Saturday because I'd have two days to recover from the probably muscle soreness/aches that usually accompany them.  And much to my surprise, just two days later, yesterday, they had all KINDS of appointments.  SO I booked one after work. 

When I got in that lil privacy room, or whatever they call it, with the pharmacist, she asked did I want them in one arm or one in each.  Didn't really matter, but I took one in each arm: the flu in the right arm and the COVID right in Superman S on my left arm!  And afterwards I got Chinese takeout. 

Later in the evening my right arm muscle got SO SORE I couldn't even lift my arm very high.  And my left arm was just a bit tight.  Well, when I woke up this morning, my right arm was fine, not problems or pain at all, but my left arm had gotten sore-r.  Not as bad as the right was last night, but still pretty sore.   And then after lunch today, my neck and back got all achy and hurting.  And I feel warm, though I have no fever, and I'm tired and fatigued.  But if history is any guide, those should all go away by tomorrow.  

And a little discomfort and irritation now is MUCH better than having the flu or COVID longer this winter than I would need to!

POLT







POLT

No comments: