Sunday, June 26, 2005

I turned up the radio, but I can't hear it...

I didnt go back to sleep. And I did what go run my errands. But while the laundry was drying, I fell asleep from like 100 - 230. Sunday afternoon naps rule!

I was on my way back here and had the radio tuned to DC101 and they were replaying one of Ballard's 411, and I laughed out loud! They bear repeating:

- A boy scout in Utah was found in a cave atfer four days. He said he was hiding out until the whole Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes thing blew over.
- The House Of Representatives passed legislation that could make it illegal to burn the Amercian flag. Of course a few exceptions will be including, like for senior citizens Social Secuity private accounts who have nothing left to burn for heat.
- A baby girl was born this week in Detroit with a third leg. After surgery to remove it, the doctors said it was probably all that's left of an undeveloped twin. Congress immediately started working on legislation to keep the leg alive on life support indefinately.

BWAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAH! Ballard's 411...always good for a laugh. While I was listening to this, I had the a/c going full blast...God I HATE heat. Summers like this suck!

On an entirely different note, yesterday at work, I have this cup of coffee, just one of those styrofoam things. I dont even really LIKE coffee, but i drink in the mornings sometimes to help me wake up. SO i got it sitting next to my desk calendar. As I reach for it, i kinda jostle it and it starts to lean away from me, so I grab for it so it wont fall over...and instead, yank it back towards me! And there it went, all over half of the desk calendar, a nice big spoltch in the middle of my shirt and onto the floor. What a mess. I even had an inmate in with me when it happened, he helped me clean it up a bit. He asked me if stuff like that pissed me off, and it did that I'd have to clean up the mess, but was laughing while we were doing it. Laughing at my stupidity. Glad I got that from my mom, and not my dad's way of handling things.

Polt

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain

No comments: