Monday, June 27, 2005

If I could talk to the animals...

Oh, now I have heard it all! I logged onto my computer, and Yahoo came up, as it does, and I just scanned the news highlights they have on that page...and I damn near fell out of my chair. Check this out: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050627/ap_on_go_co/santorum_puppy_love

Oh my LORD, I couldn't believe it! Okay so Pennsylvania's Senate Santorum sponsered legislation to help get rid of puppy mills. Okay this is a good thing. But why do they have to like make him sound like he's not the Spawn of Satan, which he indeed is. I mean just because a guy likes puppies doesn't mean he's not a racist, homophobic, slave to the far right, religious radical, Christian conservative Republican. Which Santorum is. Let's not forget that he was in Florida, visiting Terri Schivo's parents and telling them he'd so everything he coudl for them. He's fromPA, not Flo. Gee, can anyone spell "playing to your religious base?" He's the one that equated gay marriage with sex with animals. he's the hypocrite who takes tax payer money, so his kids can be tutored via the Internet (and he forces his home district in PA to pay for it) while having his family live their day in and day out lives NOT in that district, but outside Leesburg VA. This guy is a danger, not because he's in the Senate (although he is a danger because of that) but because he has presidential aspirations and is fully courting the far right religious radical Christian conservative base that coudl help him through the primaries. This guys needs to lose next year, and and endorsement from an animal rights lobby is not a way to do that.

what could these people POSSIBLY be thinking???????

POLT

I know all about discipline, and you should see me take it like a man. - Justin, Queer As Folk

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're probably thinking about the same things they were thinking when they gave 3 BILLION in aid to Afrika to fight Aids, then cut funding for public health in the United States....

....and that would be...."What's in it for me?"

Anonymous said...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/06/27/bush.poll/index.html
santorum isn't getting a presidential nod. if the people are angry at bush, they're not going to lean farther to the right. the republicans have complete control right now, so they also have complete responsibility. we dems will get seats back in 06 and we'll sweep in 08.