Sunday, June 26, 2005

Wake me up, before you go go....

Sunday morning...hotter than Satan's armpit outside...cooler inside, with the a/c and fans...and then.....ugh, the alarm goes off. Can I turn it off and ignore it, call in sick to work perhaps, throw the clock across the room, shattering it against the wall and pretned it was all a bad dream? No. Why? Cause I have responsiblities (God, I hate responsibilities). My parenst are gone for aobut 10 days, and i am responsible for the dog. And I have to make sure Angel get's outside to do her business in the morning, or she could mess her cage that she sleeps in. And then she'd get it all over herself, which is an even bigger mess. So, in a half squinting, not quite awake stupor, i take a piss, then throw on an old sleeveless shirt, some shorts, and sandals, plus a cap (with Toronto's Church Street printed on it) cause I am NOT taking time to shower or doing anything with me hair, and out the door i go. I'm three steps down before i realize i haven't put on my glasses yet. That's the kind of morning it's gonna be. With glasses on, i go outside, and it feels like i've stepped into a sauna...already...at 8:02 am. God, I HATE the heat! Nonetheless, Angel is glad to see me, or she's jsut glad to get out of that cage, who can tell? She does her business fine and then i trudge back here. I was going to go back to bed, but i'm already up now. I mean I could easily fall asleep again, but maybe I shouldn't. I mean, i have a Sunday paper to get, two actually: the Hagerstown Herald-Mail and The Washington Post, and some groceries to pick up, not to mention, more laundry! So i got on here, whined about the situation and now, i'm gonna get off here and shower and start the day. That's leaves the middle of the afternoon ripe for Sunday nap!

Polt

The folly of the righteous is not that they cannot accept opposing viewpoints, but that they cannot concieve of them. - Wotan, JLA Incarnations #1

No comments: