Sunday, July 24, 2011

Everybody's working for the weekend...

So Friday after I work I made my way to Borders for their Going Out Of Business Sale.  It was busy but not crazy so.  And I found roughly $90 worth of books I wanted.  There were others I thought of getting, but decided to go back on Monday and see what's left and what the discounts are.  the longer it goes, the deeper the discounts should be.  Course, I might wait too long and certain things I want will already be gone.  but, whatever, those are the chances you take.

It's quite bittersweet, cause I remember ALL the good, no GREAT, times I had there.  But then, I haven't worked there for 8 years, so it's been quite some time since those times occured.  Still, I do feel like a bit of a vulture picking over a carcass.  But with these discounts, yeah, I dont mind being a vulture.

Friday night, unexpectedly, a friend of mine stopped by.  I haven't known him very long, maybe 4 months, we met through a mutual friend.  He was bored and just stopped by to talk.  Which he did, and we did and we watched 'professonal' wrestling (well, HE watched it, I putzed around online mostly).  We also ate pizza and drank.  Well Lenny drank more than I did, quite a bit of vodka actually.  And he had so much that he ended up staying the night.  In the spare bedroom, unfortunately.  Although, at one point, we were discussing massages, and while I couldn't talk him into allowing me to give him a massage, he did agree to a footrub.  Which lead to his calves and so on, to the point where he was wearing only his tshirt and I was massaging his thighs up to his hips.  Nothing at all happened, he tired to cover himself up, but he was so relaxed the his shirt rode up, so I did get a nice eyeful.  And considering he's only lik 5'5", 135 lbs, it was a rather large eyeful.

So anyway, Saturday morning, we both left, me for work, him for...whereever.  Work was okay, not too bad actually.  And afterwards, I met A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking and we saw Captain America.  Which, by the way, was entirely entertaining.  The first half moreso then the last half, which seemed to become a typical Hollywood movie.  But the first part made it okay.  And a shirtless muscular Chris Evans makes EVER movie a good one.  But there were all kinds of little things there for the comic book geeks: The original Human Torch, Arnim Zola, HYDRA, Mr. Stark, and even the plane at the end was the same shape and design as the one drawn in the comics (at least on the outside)!  And I'll just say that during the entire Avengers preview after the credits, I was riddled with goosebumps!

Following the movie, we ate at a Chinese buffet in town, going to Lowe's and Wal-Mart as well.  Then we parted, and I came home, having a good night here.

Sunday, for some unknown reason, I got up at 8:00. Not that I wanted to, but well there you have it.  I putzed around here online and such, until about 1230.  Then I walked to the Post Office sweating off the pounds I'm sure.  I walked on to McDonalds and waited inside for 10 minutes while only two of the six people in line in front of me got waited on by the ONE person working a register, and then I got pissed off and left.  I walked to moms house and ate all her canteloupe and played with Angel quite a bit.  She's probably lonely, since Mom's been gone since Tuesday, but she'll be back today.  And then I came back here and managed to find a Harry Potter movie in TV.

And that's where things stand now.  Just in case anyone was wondering how my weekend's been.

POLT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your new friend, he wants to but he has reservations. Just see where it goes.

The Borders closing, you saw that happening five or six years ago. They just couldn't compete with Amazon.