Saturday, July 02, 2011

Today, my cousin had a surprise 40th Birthday Party for her husband.  Which was a surprise cause his birthday isn't until August.  And we did surprise him!

She had rented a pavilion at Cowan's Gap State Park.  This is a park up in the with a large lake and small beach.  There were canoes and paddleboats out on the lake, and a bunch of people on the beach and in the water.  There were also lots of picnic tables and lots of people using them.  There's a trail around the lake and through the woods.  And it was packed.

Ate food.  Then a group of us, including the kids, went to the beach area.  I only went in the water up to my upper calves but the kids went nuts, actually swimming and playing with thier toys and what have you.  But we were out on the beach, with no shade, for at least an hour.  So, yeah, I got sunburnt.  My forehead, cheeks, nose, the back of my neck and both forearms...red.  Luckily, it doesn't really burn or hurt, although that may be coming who knows.  But after the beach, we went back to the pavilion and had cake and hung out some more before we left.  A good time was had by all.

I took some photos, but surprisingly, none of the birthday boy.  Or in fact a lot of my family that was there.  I blame all the shirtless and near-naked men wandering all through my line of sight for the lack of photos.  But anyway, this is what I'm gonna show ya.


The lady in orange facing away is my cousin's mother, due to divorce my ex-aunt Becky.  The lady in brown is her partner Diane.  And the lady in blue is Mama Polt!  She ventured in that far, and that far only, and only for a short time.  But even though she's the oldest of her siblings, and all of their kids, she's the only one, other than me (and some really young kids) who ventured in.  She's a kid at heart.

A photo of the area, although it doesn't do justice to the number of people that were there.

The back of one strikingly hot, sexy and bult black man who would NOT turn around so I could get a photo of his chest.  Dammit.

Photos of a sunburned Polt were taken, as were photos of sunburnt Polt with Noxema rubbed all over said sunburn....but there weren't posted.
POLT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time Polt!

As to the sunburn thing, I thank my stars that half of my ancestry is Italian. I can spend hours in the sun and just get mildly tan. It's kind of funny though, I've got a protective tan layer down now and it's distinctively light olive colored.