Monday, July 11, 2011

The silicon chip inside her head, switched to overdrive.....

As Bob Geldof and later Tori Amos said," I Don't Like Mondays". 

Today, I started off by getting up about 8:10.  Which I HATE doing on my day off (and which I've been doing a LOT of lately.  Just can't seem to sleep in anymore.  I think it's cause of the light coming in the windows, which didn't happen when I was in the apartment.  But I digress...).  And I had a light breakfast of yogurt and 2% milk.  I conducted my Maintenance Mondays, running two anti-viral programs.  I've been doing this every Monday since March, and have had no problems with viruses or crashed or whatever, so it must be working.

While this was going on, I showered, and threw a load of clothes in the washer and then dryer.   Also, when I sat on the toilet, there was this cracking noise.  Only when standing up did I see the seat had cracked, all the way through, on the one side.  Great.  As an interesting (or not) aside, when I was in the apartment for less than two years, the toilet seat cracked there as well.  And now, I'm in the house and the seat cracks here.  Looks like I'm setting some kind of tradition, eh?

Also, while putzing on the computer, I saw movement on the floor and thought it was a huge spider.  Turns out it was a piece of lint being blown in the breeze.  And I may or may not have screamed like a little girl when i first saw it.  SInce no one else was here, my dignity was saved.  And after this, I ate lunch, consisting of a leftover sandwich from aka Friscos that I went to on Saturday.

Also, throughout the day, I've choked down two Diet Cokes and one Diet Pepsi.  I'm determined to drink that stuff and not the "real" sodas anymore.  My disabetes can't take all that sugar.  But God, they taste bland.  Blech.  Yet another reason why I hate Mondays.

Then it was like 2:00 and I called the mechanic.  He had Sebastian to change his oil for me.  He said to give him ten minutes and it would be done.  It takes me 15 minutes to walk there.  SO I did.

Oh, did I mentioned it was crazy, stupid hot and humid out?  Cause it was.  Insanely hot and humid.  Like mid-August in Southern Mississippi kinda hot and humid.  And walking even 15 minutes in it, with little to now shade, was quite an ordeal.  Or at least felt like one.

SO after paying for the car, I drove to the post office to mail some junk.  Then went to the grocery store to get some stuff, including two containers of strawberries.  I came home and washed them and cut them up and ate several of them while doing so. I LOVE fresh strawberries.  Food of the GODS!

So I got the laundry out and folded.  I watered the flowers.  I went to mom's to see the dog and mom (even though the latter was out somewhere around town) and read the paper.  After returning here and putzed around again online for a bit, I realized I hadn't yet gotten a new toilet seat. 

So out into the heat and humidity again I went, to Wal-Mart.  I got the toilet seat, as well as a few other things I needed.  It was only when I got out to the car with stuff that I remembered I needed some spic and span for the tub, and a set of rubber gloves, cause I was NOT gonna touch the toilet with my bare hands.  And so, back into Wal-Mart I go again and get that stuff.

I come home and make supper.  This consists of this really thick steak my mom gave me over the weekend and a bag of steamed corn I got at the grocery store earlier today.  Oh and another Diet Coke. >:P  But the food was delicious, even if the drink...wasnt. 

And then it's time to change the toilet seat.  Getting the old on off was no problem.  Cleaning the toilet was...well the same as it always is, although not I cleaned parts I didn't normally get cause the seat was off.  But getting the new one ON...problem city. 

Mind you, I dont have any a/c in the bathroom.  So there I am, in just my boxers (great visual, I understand) kneeling in front of the toilet, sweat dripping off of my face and down my side like I'm in the shower, trying to get the damn bolts onto the screws.  I had to take a break and get up and walk around.  And in fact, I ripped the gloves off then, cause my fingers were getting in little lakes of sweat in the ends of those gloves.  And finally, and much struggling (cause nothing's ever easy when I try to do it), I got the stuff tightened and the seat in place. 

And I felt quite butch, cause I did something around the house all by myself.  Oh I know it was ONLY a toilet seat replacement, but come ON, baby steps, ya know?

Then I HAD to shower again.  And did.  And now I'm typing all this up while drinking a huge glass of water and waiting until it's time to go to bed.  Excitement abounds, I know.  But that was m Monday.

POLT

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Polt! I thought I was prissy but you take the prize. Gloves to clean a toilet?

I just bare hand it then a good wash with soap and hot water. Easier that way.

Polt said...

Nono, you misunderstand. I've cleaned the toilet before sans gloves. but now I was going to be removing the seat, which may or may not have had things left over from the previous owners under the latches, or underneath where the bolts went, or who knows? Wasn't gonna touch all that without gloves. Ewww. :)

HUGS...

Michelle M. said...

Home improvements - I'm impressed. Diet soda is awful, I feel for you. I started drinking iced tea (to cut down on juice). Except I don't like the taste of tea : P. Celestial Seasons makes some flavored stuff that isn't too bad if you're looking for an alternative to the diet soda.

Amie said...

I wish I knew you needed a toilet seat. I have an extra, brand spankin new one in the basement I would have given you.

adam said...

So dramatic! Changing a toilet seat is easy ... and it's one of the first things I do every time I move into a new apartment. I don't want my stuff forming any sort of LTR with the former tenant's stuff.