Sunday, July 17, 2011

the wheels of your wagon are rusty...

Today, I fell off the wagon.  As I've probably mentioned here before, I last had a drink of real Pepsi/Coke ten days ago, last Thursday for lunch.  In the meantime, I've been choking down Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke and drinking tons more water than I used to.

Today, for lunch, mom and I went to Sonic.  And I ordered a burger meal, and it came with a soft drink.  I thought of getting a diet soda, but come on, when you're eating burgers and tots in your own car at a restaurant, you don't want DIET!  So I got a regular soda.  And it tasted glorious!  It had all the zing, the pop, the explosion of wonderfulness I had been missing.  I drank it slowly and savored it. 

BUt after it was gone, I felt guilty.  When I got home, I still had the crushed ice left over, so as penance, I poured Diet Coke over it and drank it. 

I dont plan on having another regular soda anytime soon though.  perhaps in a few weeks, I might have another one.  So even though, I 'fell off the wagon' I must have scampered right back up onto it, as I'm not going back to drinking regular soda full time.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Ah well. It happens. Don't beat yourself up over it : ).