Thursday, November 17, 2011

So as I may or may not (I don't know, I'm old, I can't remember) have mentioned, I left work Saturday afternoon and will not be returning until tomorrow morning.  It was a swell mini-vacation.  Didn't have anything planned, just had several days to use, the calendar was winding down, and coworkers are taking vacations, so I dont know when else I would have had a chance to take them.

So what did I do on my mini-vacation.  Pffft, nothing.  I did a LOT of reading and putzing around online.  I did some serious napping as well as sleeping in most mornings.  I watched football, took a few short walks, went to eat at a Chinese buffet with mom.  Did some laundry.  Went shipping with mom: bought some gloves, Superman S pajama pants, some Christmas gifts, a new wireless printer, some groceries.  Had a booty call set up that he canceled before he got here.  Updated my finances.  Went for wings and beer with a batch of coworker, and had a wonderful time watching fully grown adults drinking like college frat boys and acting like drunken high school girls; I was a smidge embarassed for some of them.  Kris came over and spent the night and we had an absolutely amazing time, not actually turning out the light until after 2AM.  Then we spent the morning together as well.  I got to see his brand new apartment and meet one of his roommates.  And preliminary plans have been laid for an awesome threeway with me, Kris, and another friend of mine.  But we'll see if that happens.

So I suppose, now that I'm getting ready to go to bed (with next to no enthusiasm cause it just means work is coming up) I guess I actually DID do a lot of stuff over this mini-vacation.  Still, woulda been nice for it to be longer, ya know?  Vacations are always too short, aren't they?

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Yes, they are. But it sounds like you made the most of yours : ).