Thursday, November 24, 2011

Spend your days here And never give up...

How was my Thanksgiving?  Swell, thanks for asking.

I slept in a bit, putzed around on the computer, read some.  Got showered, walked to mom's house, read the paper and played with the dog.  Mom and I went to get grandma and we went to the annual Thanksgiving Family Reunion we have at a local community center.  There ended up being 53 people there.  I ate two platefuls, and no desert.  My 13 year old cousin Corey followed me around like a shadow, but it was okay, cause he's fun and pretty cool.  Spent most of the time talking to Corey's immediate family.  Packed up the car, drove grandma home.  Came home, took a huge dump, watched Dallas beat Miami while filling out my Christmas cards, which took almost exactly four hours, by the way.  Had a leftover turkey sandwich, and ate two peices of the Mame Polt Homemade Birthday Cherry Pie.  And now, I'm watching the last football game, while decided when I want to go to bed, since I've got work tomorrow.

And of course I have photos.

This is my first plate of food.  The second was pretty much identical.



This is the cherry pie, BEFORE I cut into it.  I'm gonna have to ask mom about the missing slice.



And these are my completed Christmas cards.  All 69 of them. (the number was unintentional, I assure you)


Most of the cards are going to Pennsylvania and Maryland, cause, ya know, that's where I live.  But cards are also on their way to New York, New Jersey, California, West Virginia, Canada, Florida, Michigan, Washington DC, Maine, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Washington state, Georgia and even Enland!  Yes, actually I AM a card sending fool.

I hope your Thanksgiving went well.  And I hope all of us survive Black Friday.

POLT

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday. You're one day off from mine.

Michelle M. said...

You are the holiday card champion.

That's cool that your family has a reunion/Thanksgiving. Cherry pie is my favorite.

adam said...

And I thought my 49 xmas cards were excessive... you beat me! Now how early is TOO early to send them?

Polt said...

Mine usually get mailed the first Monday in December

HUGS...