Friday, August 03, 2012

Still at it, till death do us part (Part 9)...

DEAD OR ALIVE!

Don't cheat by Googling or Wikipeding this (and I totally mean you, ADAM, you cheating cheater you!)

Micheal Phelps won his 21 Olympic medal last night.  He did it in the 200 Metre Individual Medley (Beating out that arrogant Ryan Lochte).  The first time the 200 Meter Individual Medley was in the Olympics was at the 1968 Mexico City Olympics and it was first won by American Charles Hickcox.  So this time, I'm asking about.....

Charles Hickcox


Mr. Hickcox was born in 1947.  In the 1968 Olympics, he won four medals, three gold and one silver. In 1967 and 1968, he set 8 world records in 16 months.

So tell me, Olympic medalist Charles Hickcox, is he....dead or alive?

POLT

6 comments:

Tam said...

I'm going with dead.

Anonymous said...

He looks early 20's - in 1968 let's say he was 21. So he'd be mid 60's today. So I'm going to say alive.

Mikey said...

I am going to guess that he's still alive....1968 was only 42years ago

mikey said...

Alive. 68 wasn't that long ago

Mark said...

Mid sixties, plus obviously healthy, so I'll say alive.

Adam said...

DEAD