Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Why are you so arrogant? Here he is!...

I don't like Ryan Lockte.  Don't get me wrong I don't hate him or anything, I'm just not a fan.  He's arrogant. And in all the bragging he's done, he abilities just haven't measured up to what's come out of his mouth.  He said these Olympics were gonna be "his"...and then didn't follow through.

After that first relay, thanks for Phelps and the other two members, Lockte had a decent lead.  And then, in then after Lockte's leg, the anchor leg, he had lost the gold to the French.  Now silver's nothing to sneeze at, but when your mouth says you're the best and you lose a big lead and come in second, well, it is what it is.

Micheal Phelps on the other hand, is not the greatest Olympic athlete ever.  And does he brag about it?  No.  After the four of them won the relay that got Phelps his 19th medal, all four were interview.  Lockte was saying, "When *I* got up this morning, *I* knew what *I* had to do..." I, I, I, I, I.  When it was Phelps turn, he said, "I just told these guys to get a big lead and I'd do the rest.  And they did.  It's all because of them that I even got this medal." etc, etc, etc.

So Lockte was all me, me, me arrogance, and Phelps was all 'it was a team effort, couldn't have done it without them' confidence.  Both are extremely outstanding atheletes.  The difference between them is cocky arrogance and quiet confidence.

And that makes all the difference.

POLT

No comments: