Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Last week, I had my quarterly visit with my doctor.  The practice had moved, but they had no taken their lab with them.  So I had no labs, because I didn't know what to tell the independent lab to check for.  But from the doctor, I got a list of what to check for and when we were done, went right over to the lab and got the blood work taken.

Today I called the doctor's office and asked them to call me with the results, specifically, the A1C (the long term blood sugar number).  It was 8.6.  Here's the chart:

Yes, it's gone down, and that's good.  But my morning fasting blood sugar levels have been, since my last visit in May, much better!  They've been more under 150 than over, and there's been many times when they're under 125, and even a few when their under 100.  I had the chart I keep of all those results with me at the doctor, he looked at those and said my A1C could be in the 6 range.  I told him I really just wanted it to be in the 7's.

And instead....it's 8.6.  I'm shocked, upset, disappointed, and dumbstruck.  I don't understand how I can have such great morning fasting number, and yet, have the A1C only fall that little bit.  The Diabeeeetus sure is confusing!

All I know is, I'll just have to try harder with my eating and my exercise.  And the doctor said today I could up my nightly insulin shot from 30 units to 35 units.  Which I've done.  But it's discouraging, since I thought I was doing so much better.

POLT



No comments: