Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 272)...

Chapter 9, Page 28...

Monday, I got up a little later than usual.  I did manage to get showered and dressed.  I had some yogurt for breakfast to take my pills. I got online and got a message from a guy I had been talked to a little bit.  We decided he should come for a visit, and so he did.  I, however, was under-impressed with our time together, so I'm pretty sure they'll not be a return visit.

Afterwards, i read some and napped.  And eventually, about 400, I decided I'd better something to eat, even though I wasn't really all that hungry, for some reason.  So I went and got some Chinese take out.

All day, off and on, one of the kids on the other side of the house had been playing the music very loudly.  The music doesn't really bother me, but what does is how loudly he had the bass playing.  All I got out of it was an almost constant thumping.  That disturbed me.

Eventually, I just decided to get out and take a walk, so I did.  It was only for about a half hour, but still a half hour walk is better than a half hour spent on the couch.  I came home and turned on the TV to watch the Monday Night Football pregame show.  The music was still up loud, but when I had the tv up, it didn't bother me.

About 9PM, I went up to bed.  There, the music and the bass thumps were MUCH closer and louder.  I went out and knocked on the door to attempt to talk to him about it, but as I was knocking on the first floor and he was in the attic with the music loud, meant that that wasn't very successful.

I went back to my bedroom and turned on my floor fan (which I always sleep with) and the air conditioner (which I didn't need, but which is noisy as well) AND turned on my stereo to have some music playing.  With all this, as I laid in bed and read, it counteracted the bass thumping.  But when i turned the stereo off and the light out to try to sleep, I could still hear and feel the thumping.

It was about 10;10 when I called the house.  Of course he didn't hear the phone.  But I called back to back to back, hoping that maybe inbetween songs, he'd hear the phone.  It turns out, his brother returned home just in time to answer the phone.

I asked him to have them turn the bass down.  He apologized and said he was sorry, and it'd be turned off soon, and I told him it didn't have to be turned OFF, just turn the bass down.  After we hung up, it did get turned down, and then, with the fan I couldn't hear anything and get to sleep.  So in the end, it all worked out okay.

POLT

No comments: