Thursday, September 17, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 260)...

Chapter 9, Page 16...

Overnight, I had to go to the bathroom several times, not only to use it, but also because I thought I might have to, even though I didn't.  Oh, and yeah, the stomach cramps.  SO when the alarm when off, I just called in and took the day off.  And then went back to sleep, not waking up until 1030 and not getting out of bed until about noon.

I showered and came downstairs and found out the Internet was extremely slow, and that while watching Doctor Who on Netflix streaming, there was a LOT of buffering.  I unplugged the cable modem and plugged it back in and nothing changed.  So I called Comcast.

After only talking to two people, I was told I had an out of date modem, and we made an appointment for a technician to come by and change it, free of charge.  I read some, and did a load of laundry.  And then at 4pm, walked across the street to the dentist for my appointment.

I was frankly quite nervous about it.  But once I got in the chair, and he looked in my mouth, he said, "Oh that's 100% better!"  He asked if there had been any pain, and there wasnt, and he pushed on the tooth, rather hard, and asked if it hurt, which it didn't.  So he said to continue with the anitbiotic until they ran out on Friday, and to continue beyond to rinse several times a day with Listerine, and to come back in a week.  At that time, either the infection will have returned, and we'll have to do something else, or he'll put a plug in the hole and we'll be done with everything.  Obviously, I'm hoping for the latter option.

Also, they were complaining about how their phones weren't working and their Internet kept going down.  We determined they had COmcast too, and since MY Comcast was wonky, together we figured out the problem was with Comcast itself.

I came home and hung out here for a bit, and got a call from my friend here in town Amie.  She was having problems with her phone too, and yep, it was Comcast.  And she lived several streets over, so that confirmed it was a Comcast issue.

I felt a bit better in the early evening, and after having been inside most of the day, and not having taken a walk in over a month, I just decided to throw on some sneakers and take a walk.  It wasn't a long walk, nor a fast one, but it was a walk.  And as a reward to myself, I stopped at Waynesburger and got a burger to take home and eat.  The cute guy behind the counter (there are two cute guys and a frankly cute girl too who run the registers there, but I digress...) asked if I was paying cash, because their card machine was hit or miss today.  Which again confirmed that Comcast was the problem.

I came home, ate the burger, watched some TV and then went to bed and read some and then turned out the light at 937, because, despite the amount of sleep I had the night before, I was still tired.

POLT

No comments: