Friday, November 27, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 331)...

Chapter 11, Page 26...

And welcome to Thanksgiving!

I got up late, like after ten.  I showered, dressed, got online for a very short bit and then headed out.  Off to Rutters first, for coffee and to gas up the car.  Then out to moms.  We chatted a bit, then I helped her load up her car and off we went to the Thanksgiving Lunch!

As every year, the family rents out a community center and we have a meal buffet style.  This year, there was a very low turnout, only 27 people.  Some years in the past we've had close to 70, but ah well, people have other relatives to visit as well I guess.  Still there was tons of good food, lots of people I only see once a year (most of whom I dont mind seeing), and fun, cause not only was lil Morgan there, but Lil Chris was there as well.  He's like two and half and fun and funny too.

About 3:00ish, everyone had packed up and were leaving and we did too.  We went back to her house, unloaded her car, chatting for about 15 minutes and then I came home.  I once again settled in on the couch and started watching football, with my boxes of Christmas cards, stamps, address book and return envelopes by my side.  And I started working on them.  Roughly 4 hours later, all over 80 of them were completed and ready for mailing next week.  *WHEW*

After this, I watched more football while I updated my checkbook and got some bills paid and ready for mailing tomorrow.  And once that was done, and I great a bit bored with the football game, I went upstairs, about 9-ish, read some and then went to sleep.

POLT

No comments: